BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

This is still happening for me and it's really irritating. For now I just blocked any traffic to 117.0.0.0/8 port 3000 This won't work, see next post.

As @Sokris suggested in the other thread BSNL Broadband: Ad Injection, Random Redirection to Malware Websites | BSNL Broadband, I've submitted a complaint through the BSNL grievance page. Hope they fix it.

So after more than two weeks, just now I got a call from the SDOT Perumbavoor (what does SDOT stand for? 🤔) regarding my complaint and he was explaining to me how I can simply add an ad blocker on my PC to block the ads. 🤷‍♂️ And he was persistently saying that ads are added by the website owners itself and not BSNL. Then I had to explain to him this happens only on the HTTP (non-secure) version of the site and only when accessed through BSNL network, malicious java script is injected (he was surprised with the term "injection" too).

I told him clearly that this is not something being done at Perumbavoor or even in Ernakulam, but somewhere upstream and is probably not something he can fix from his end. Finally he said he will forward the complaint to NIB. 🤞

@varkey Why you hadn't told him about this RTI? He could've take this issue more seriously after hear about this RTI and could've forward this issue to relevant authorities through their proper communication channel.

BSNL has started to inject this script into HTTP sites (randomly) . As of now its asking for the phone number updation , but i have done that almsot 5 times this week alone and it keep poping up again and again .

I am trying to port block - IP Range block at router level .. any help ?

This is the page source of the Injection..

http://117.254.84.212:3000/js/jquery.min.js

Last edited by a moderator:
What details should i enter ? I tried to block that 117 ip range , but it keeps putting out some error..

tjSAfXb.png