BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

They dont pursue you to pay for by sending Serious Technical Problems or ask you for money :cautious: atleast by the ad experience I got..the news article says ppl asked to pay fees by clicking link ..

x3E4kaQ.jpg

Imagine clicking a link on a non-https site and suddenly a link like this opens on a new tab. The horror. Of course it's nothing for a person who knows their way around the web but think what a newbie would do in the vast world of the internet when left to do things by themselves.

Isn't that how we all learned the web? And not being a part of the "what's a computer?" generation? The wild west of the internet, toolbars and video accelerators, registry cleaners and system optimizers. BSNL is training people to prepare them outside a google curated web.

/s?

suddenly a link like this opens on a new tab
This is actual bsnl thing? Installing browser addon from random websites? This is worse than I was expecting. Browser extensions would affect all browsing 😩

Yup. Although now I checked it again and it's briefly displaying the the site on the address bar and then redirects to dream11, olymptrade, etc

But you need to click on some popup right? Coz i imagine Javascript can possibly do it without user action.

This is actual bsnl thing? Installing browser addon from random websites? This is worse than I was expecting. Browser extensions would affect all browsing 😩
Google chrome does not allow extensions from outside web store without enabling developer options. Don't know about firefox.

You still need to click any links to open a popup. They hijack links.