Building a new computer

• Thread starter Thread starter ashhad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,267
ISP
Excitel
I am thinking to build a decent GAMING computer and do not want to throw a lot of money in because i have a PS3. I want a decent build that can play games at 720p - 1080p at Medium to High settings at 30 FPS(avg). I have gone through a ton of Youtube videos and have come out with some decent builds, here they are :

Build -1 (AMD Build)

Processor : AMD FX-4300
Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Graphic Card : Sapphire Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3
RAM : Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Corsair 550W PSU
Case : Antec ASK-4000BU3

Build -2 (Intel Build)

Processor : Intel i3 3220
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Graphic Card : ZOTAC NVIDIA GT 730 2GB DDR5
RAM : Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Corsair 550W PSU
Case : Antec ASK-4000BU3

I don't know much about PSU, please correct it if isn't correct.
Which Graphic Card is better - 4GB DDR3 Graphic card /or/ 2GB DDR5 Graphic Card ?
What do you think, and which one should i build INTEL /or/ AMD ?

You need to first mention your budget .

From your above post -

PSU is overkill, any good quality 300-350 watt psu will be enough , corsair cx430 will be future proof .

You dont need expensive Hyperx Ram, get corsair value ram .

You will probably need a better GPU .

I have no idea about AMD cpu , the intel cpu is older gen , get the latest gen i3 4130 or similar .

Upvote 0
You will have no problem with the PSU , its fine ( get 430 or 450 watt PSU to lower cost a little but buy only from reputable brands )

About GPU never ever go with how much memory they are providing , we need more memory when we are doing a surround monitor ( eyefinity ) setup . If possible extend your budget a little and aim to get HD 7770 . It will give you very good performance for price paid .
1/2GB RAM is more than enough at low budget for GPU memory . The clock speed , shader cores and memory bus width are deciding factors . Your GPU choices are bad and will cause problems .

Go with AMD build you will save money and the performance difference would be absolutely nothing , infact in applications that support multi cores , AMD would perform better than i3 because it has more physical cores .
Again in this case i would suggest you to try and get FX 6300 , it is a beast at its price .

Upvote 0
I think the main bottleneck you'll encounter will be your GPU, in both the builds. Try spending a little more and maybe go with a GTX 650 if you can.

A 550W PSU is fine if you think you'll want to upgrade within the next 12-18 months or so. On the other hand, if you're just going to build a whole new system in 3 years, 400W or so is more than enough.

Upvote 0
After all that i have read ONLINE, I came to a conclusion that R7 260X, Radeon HD 7770, GTX 750ti are great cards for a budget build, and can get 60+FPS on Medium to High at 720p. But these cards are highly overpriced in India. I collected some info :

MSI AMD Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR5 - Amazon.com - $125 - Rs.8000 (Approx)
- Flipkart - Rs 9700
- Snapdeal - Rs 9181

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti - Amazon.com - $137 - Rs.8700 (Approx)
- Flipkart - Rs 10560
- Snapdeal - Rs 10497

Also, How much Delivery(Import) charges will it take for them to reach Delhi from USA?

Upvote 0
would probably cost more than the indian price. customs and shipping would definitely cost more than 2-3K. and i think american prices usually do not include taxes though in this case that might not apply.

Upvote 0
if you want to get an approx quote... file a request on websites like ibhejo or ishop international.

Upvote 0

Back