Buying and Selling products through OLX

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 32,348
I sold my Asha 311 mobile on OLX. Very smooth process. Infact it was the first time I was selling anything!
But for PS2 got many calls and replies, many wanted to visit and check but no one showed up.

I tried to sell my sofa set on olx but no luck. I myself have purchased furniture, sports equipment from olx, but had about 4 enquiries for my sofa, one visitor, no sale... disappointed...

I've sold 4 mobiles till date on olx and process was smooth. Always list your price 1k higher than your intended price so that when buyers bargain, you reduce the price 1k and they have satisfaction that they got discount and you'll get your intended price.
Also you get a couple of guys wanting ..say a 11k phone for 5k. In that case you just cut the call and put that number on blacklist

Where do you guys meet to discuss the deal? I just got a call from a guy who is interested in all three items I have listed :o
I am not sure I am comfortable inviting him to my home. My parents are not going to like it :p

To your home?! Unless you're selling things like furniture or something big like washing machines, you don't invite people to your residence. You just meet at a common spot say a hotel or a bus stop which is closer to you both.

lol ok. i guess cafe coffee day in my local market would be fine :
i also sort of gave him a wrong figure for a combo deal. texted him. i guess he now thinks i am a douche.
this is the reason why i prefer to communicate on email. i am not good at dealing on the phone.

Haha...i had listed my note for 16K. Got many leads and many of them contacted me on whatsapp and sms. But then a college guy called up and fixed the deal for 15.5K . I met him up at a metro station. Try to avoid secluded places. Best bet is metro station or market.

Back