Can I plug in GPON/EPON into an SFP Port on a network switch and get rid of ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 37,689
@rajil.s I've got Dasan 680 router from them after i moved to 1G plan. But i've used Huawei 8120C model by cloning dasan serial number till i got ODI. Now in ODI, again same dasan serial number, but other parameters like pon vendor id, software version, hardvare version.. everything is from huawei 8120c.

Right, it was never provisioned by them. First it was Nokia, then alcatel old model since i needed only for bridging. During that time i got 8120C myself due to its small factor and used instead of alcatel. Later when i moved 1G plan, they replaced alcatel with dasan and i continue to use Huawei by cloning the serial number.

As of now i've multiple ONTs lying unused, TP-Link(-XZ000-G3-V2 and XN020-G3), HG8120C - 2 qty :D

its directly from Airtel!

Also as i mentioned earlier, airtel just validates the serial number and nothing else, at least for internet. Because in Huawei 8120c, i was using alcatel serial number and then dasan serial number.. nothing else was needed. So in that case, why ODI will be different? It just needs some valid entries and i copied that from huawei as it was running before when i moved to ODI.

Edit: Though i stopped using VOIP long before, i was waiting for your VOIP success in ODI, so that i can experiment the same in my setup :)

Back