Can I plug in GPON/EPON into an SFP Port on a network switch and get rid of ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 37,689
@rajil.s good to know.

Regarding making those commands permanent, I guess someone already customized the firmware which executes this command automatically on boot. Searching this command in that github page might yield some results.

@hariselio Yes, the patched firmware is here. Flashed M110_sfp_ODI_220923FS.tar firmware and set the following,

Code:
echo 'ENTITIES="0x02"' > /etc/config/fix_vlan
echo 'FWDOP="0x02"' >> /etc/config/fix_vlan

The setting is now permanent.

Last edited:
Some questions
1, @hariselio Can you share that AliExpress link or anything with that so I can contact the supplier if possible, also which Mikrotik router do you have? Also, I couldn't find your model ODI DFP-34X-2C2 on alibaba or eBay
2. @MrGordon how exactly does Aramex shop and ship work please guide me a little as that seller you mentioned above is not shipping to India anymore. I am getting yours on alibaba

Common Questions-
1.With Airtel only B+ And C+ will work na?
2.Once I receive these how do I set it up Above Youtube Video has been taken down due to copyright can I expect a little help from you guys
3. What Patch Cable will I require with this? Normal green to green or any other Pls specify
4. All SFPs on Hack Gpon are compatible with AIRTEL?
My Router is a Mikrotik RB 5009 + Currently The Airtel Fiber is terminating in a TP-Link GPON xz7.

@anmolbhard004 just ping me when you get it, I will help you with the configuration.
Remember C+, B+ these bullshit does not apply on SFP ONU. SFP ONU is simple media converter with GPON Authentication.

Back