Carrier Aggregation on Reliance Jio 4G LTE

Is your location CA enabled?

• Total voters
Probably they are implementing different band combinations now

Last edited:
From yesterday i have seen Band 5+40 Ca and Band 3+40 CA on my Note5. Earlier it was only Band 3+5.
-- dead tinypic image removed --
-- dead tinypic image removed --

First of all this is not 3CA. it is 2CA(B5 +B40) . Secondaly the reason for 100 + mbps speed is that it has 10 Mhz of band 5 and 20mhz of band 40, so on CA bandwidth is 30Mhz. Thirdly the load seems to be very less on this cell tower and not many users r having CA enabled mobiles latched on to it. this is 2x2 MIMO radio site and not 4x4 MU MIMO
I have used S7 edge in the past and it used to show LTE+. not sure why your note8 doesn't show LTE + even when it is using second carrier for CA. May be samsung done some changes to firmware and removed + symbol. But highly unlikely ...

Also, 3CA is currently not deployed in India. neither by Jio and nor by Airtel. Jio uses Band 5+Band 3, Band 5+ Band 40 and Airtel uses Band 3+ Band 40. Only SD 835 & SD 821 and Samsung Exynos support 3CA. Apple 7 and 7 plus onwards support 3CA

Last edited:
But your screen shot which i had quoted only shows CA band S1 and now your new screen shot has S1 and S2 bands. Yes new screenshot has 3 carriers listed. But here is the catch. S1 and S2 along with primary band doesn't mean 3CA activated. For 3CA to be visible activated you need signal engineering app to see total bandwidth after aggregation. For EX if you have Band 5 as 10Mhz, Band 40 as 20Mhz and Band 3 as 5mhz then app should show 10+20+5=35 mhz bandwidth in 3CA. samsung engineering mode doesn't show 3CA or 2CA activated. You have to root device and use some engineering app.

Also if i tell you that when you made video of speed test, you phone was only utilising one band and hence your phone showed only LTE and not LTE + . Listing of multiple LTE carrier doesn't mean that when ever you are using data, CA is enabled. Band 40- 20 Mhz carrier is not used by Jio or Airtel for CA only 10 Mhz newly acquired spectrum is used as CA band. So you might be on Band 40- 20Mhz band while doing speed test and when you checked no. of band in engineering mode it showed you 2 or 1 band.

Last edited:
@cooltexas60s When phone is not using CA it just says CA Added. But when downloading or doing speed tests, it displays CA Activated. Also earlier when there is no CA, it peaked 60 Mbps on Band 40. When 2 CA started on Band 5 and 3, it peaked 85 Mbps on my Note5. Now with 3CA active on Band 40 20 Mhz, Band 5 10 Mhz and Band 3 5Mhz, it peaked 125 Mbps on my Note8.

@nitinmits i think you are going overboard to prove your point. Thats not required. There is nothing called as CA Added. In samsung engineering mode, When is CA is not activated on Cell site, entire mention of carrier band is just BLANK. It just shows current single band and its frequency, SINR, SNQ values. You have shown the speed test and results are good but it doesn't prove that time wether phone was using 2 carriers or 3 carriers or wasn't using it all. My take is it wasn't using it all, since LTE + symbol was missing. Anyways such high speed could also attribute to low load factor on cell site and must have been early morning hrs or late night...

At the time of speed test, RSRQ value is -4 and SINR value is -26 which is very excellent in ideal condition. This means either your cell site has very few users, Either you are too close to cellsite or optimisation is done very well. In dense tier 1 cities, such attributes is very difficult to attain because of high load factor and too many interference. You must from tier 2 or tier 3 town.

Last edited:

Back