Comedy Thirai launched and also added in sun direct today

• Thread starter Thread starter raja2431
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 14,734
Is it.. it should not be the case. Because whatever the package we have we are getting all SuN NETWORK channels.If Comedy thirai is one of the SUN NETWORK channels, then why it is not added in all the packages...SUN DIRECT......PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!

plz try auto scanning then the channel will be added in the list, i was watching the channel and sometimes there is some disturbances in audio did anyone notice it?

This is against TRAI guidelines. If other dth operators or msos want to show the cahnnel, it must be given. If not a free channel, trai must be informed about the price of the channel.

How the exclusivity is possible?

Yes, you are correct. How SUN is doing like this, we will wait and see? :confused:

This is against TRAI guidelines. If other dth operators or msos want to show the cahnnel, it must be given. If not a free channel, trai must be informed about the price of the channel.

How the exclusivity is possible?
But problem is if DTH opertor ask Carrige fees like Dish Tv and Tata Sky and TRAI can't force it.

As from me SUn and BIG tv is not charging any fees. I am not sure about Sun but I read about BIG in news.

For SUN Channels no DTH will get Carriage fees, beucase SUN is important for south people. So DTH will not get any carriage fees from SUN.

I think this service is like "Active Comedy" so it is available only in SUN DTH. That case it can not be shown to other operators.As OPEN TV s/w and Video on Demand are near with Sun direct, this comedy is one of the Active Services.I guess, Info Channel/Comedy Thirai will be shifted to "Active Services" once the OPEN TV Software is ready.

Kalaignar tv is going to start three new channels for news, comedy etc.. So counter act them only sun suddenly started comedy channel. It is also using its strategy to bring new customers from rural side.. by making this channel only its DTH service.. Quick reaction from sun..

Hey but we do not when the new channels from Kalaignar will be started? I think better we can speak about the channels which are already out.. and not concentrating on future channels which does not even have a scope of start date/PG schedule etc. Soon Kalaigner TV may say service will be available to Only Arasu Cable TV subscribers.

Back