• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 9,934

funnycool

ISP
BeamCable
Hi all,

I am right now in Tokyo, Japan. Here internet speeds are unlimited.(there is no package which is limited). I am coming back to India in next 1 or 2 months. Reason is getting kicked out due to Job cuts :cry:

I am new to this forum. I have few doubts related to "Connecting more than one computer at a time using BSNL Broadband"
I have Desktop and two Laptops. I will get a BSNL 512 Mbps unlimited limit connection or even more if they have.

- My Desktop should be connected to Wireless Router / Modem. And my two other laptops should connect wirelessly
- Is it legal to connect more than one computer to BSNL Modem or Router for internet sharing?
- If yes, which Modem/Router I need to buy. (Do I need to buy from BSNL guys or I can get it myself from market?)
- I don' want to do Internet sharing where one is master computer which needs to be always working.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance....

512 Mbps unlimited

are you sure you are coming back to india?

are you sure you are coming back to india?

Sorry it is 512Kbps ( I am thinking in terms of MBps only these days :) )

bsnl i think does provide wireless routers. but you are free to get your own as long as you can configure it yourself.it's perfectly legal to use a wireless router for your own personal use. we use it everyday.

bsnl i think does provide wireless routers. but you are free to get your own as long as you can configure it yourself.

it's perfectly legal to use a wireless router for your own personal use. we use it everyday.

Thanks for the answer. But can you provide the procedure on how to get internet on Desktop and Laptops at a time...

Thanks in advance..

mmm. just get a wireless router that has lan ports.laptops can connect to it wirelessly. desktops can connect to it using lan cables. you can also get wifi cards for your desktop to connect them wirelessly to the internet through the wireless router. the router would connect to the modem provided by bsnl.

mmm. just get a wireless router that has lan ports.

laptops can connect to it wirelessly. desktops can connect to it using lan cables.

you can also get wifi cards for your desktop to connect them wirelessly to the internet through the wireless router.

the router would connect to the modem provided by bsnl.

Thank you very much....

More questions...

- Does anybody have any guide in this forum?
- Can this same thing be done with Airtel Broadband. Do they also allow more than one computer to connect to Internet?

well the guide would be different for every different model of a wireless router.airtel also provides wireless routers. i am using my own purchased wireless router on airtel broadband to share internet at my place. it is used by 3 laptops, 1 desktop and 2 mobile devices.

Sushubh,

Great... Whats your package? Unlimited? How is the airtel service?

I checked that Airtel is giving 1MBps Unlimited but BSNL is giving only 512 Kbps..

Guys, If there is any Generic guide on how to setup ? Do share the link...

i am on airtel 512kbps. works perfectly. i am avoiding going on 1 mbps coz i dont really have need for that much extra speed :) i am waiting for a price drop before i upgrade to 1mbps ul.

bsnl is also fine i guess. just that i hate dealing with government babus so i stick with airtel.

here is an indicative guide :p

4 steps to set up your home wireless network

Back