Connecting more than one computer at a time using BSNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 9,934
Thanks for the guide.

Have you faced Any disconnection or wire cut probs with airtel?

Are you on unlimited package?

Here i download hindi movie via torrents. sometimes i get 5 to 6 MB/sec meaning 48 Mbps :) :P

Don't know how i will adjust. 512 Kbps means just 64 KB :(

Hi,

I am right now in Tokyo. I will be coming back to india. I am habituated with high speeds upto 50 Mbps here and unlimited download limit.

I would like to go for Home 2222 Plus or Home 1499 Plus plan. I am from Hyderabad. I checked a condition in the bottom of that page

"*Applicable only for Residential Customers using Single PC. "

Does it mean that i cannot use multiple PC's to share the internet. I heard that internet sharing is possible.

Please give me some info on this. I have 2 Laptops and one desktop and would like to have internet on all at a time.

One more question? Can i ask them not to give me router and i purchase my self?

Thanks in advance.

that condition is generally meant for cybercafe owners...bsnl should be able to provide you with a wireless router or a switch. but it's always a better bet to go for a self owned device.

that condition is generally meant for cybercafe owners...

bsnl should be able to provide you with a wireless router or a switch. but it's always a better bet to go for a self owned device.

Thanks for the reply.

It means that i can use it to connect multiple PC's and share the internet. Great.

Do you know going for self owned device for airtel is allowed or not?

well a lot of people use wi-fi here at home for sharing the net between desktops, laptops and even mobile devices. i have not heard about any ISP complaining about that.

i use my own Linksys wireless router at home.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

airtel provides its own wireless router. i was worried about the range of their product so i went for my own.

well a lot of people use wi-fi here at home for sharing the net between desktops, laptops and even mobile devices. i have not heard about any ISP complaining about that.

i use my own Linksys wireless router at home.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

airtel provides its own wireless router. i was worried about the range of their product so i went for my own.

Thanks for quick reply. SO you are on airtel connection and using your own wireless router. Great. I was looking for someone who can tell me sureshot that yeah it is possible. Now i am confident that it will work.

- So how many desktop/laptop do you use to share at your home?
- Are you on UL package? Whatever they promise the UL Bandwidth Do we get that? what is the speed you are using?
- I saw the online petition regd airtel new fair usage policy. Do you think they will switch back to normal like before? I am afraid. looking at these other companies might start Cap on UL pacakges :(

overall we share... three laptops, one desktop and an ipod touch on this network i have at my place. sometime my friend drops by and he also use it on his own laptop and a smartphone :Pi am on an airtel 512kbps ul package. AFUP is not applicable in my city yet but of course... it can be any given time. the protest is on and we are still far off from a decent number of signatures. i cannot say if airtel would reconsider the policy and remove it. so no promises there. :(

overall we share... three laptops, one desktop and an ipod touch on this network i have at my place. sometime my friend drops by and he also use it on his own laptop and a smartphone :P

i am on an airtel 512kbps ul package. AFUP is not applicable in my city yet but of course... it can be any given time.

the protest is on and we are still far off from a decent number of signatures. i cannot say if airtel would reconsider the policy and remove it. so no promises there. :(

This has really given me the confidence about multiple sharing using airtel. I am right now at tokyo. Due to job cut coming back to hyderabad. I called up today to airtel cust support. She didn't had much knowledge about tecnical things. The technical ppl will go to my house and do feasibility study. Right now i have tata indicom phone only. I have get it removed.

I am thinking of 1MBps connection 2222/- RS. What do you think? will i get 128 KB/sec (1 MBps) always or it is just the max speed?

regd the policy. It makes me very very angry and i think about the future of ISP providers in India. No body has the intention to increase the bandwith under UL package and also the prices are very high :(

Did you use BSNL. Any suggestions from you. The prob in BSNL is max unlimited package is 512 Kbps :(

well speeds on airtel are pretty good. they usually are constant at around 90% of the defined speeds. on my 512kbps, i can get a continues stream of 55-64 kBps on downloads from a good quality server. 1mbps users too have confirmed continues speeds at around the promised levels. the uploads on 1mbps on airtel ul are however limited to 512kbps. i am not sure about bsnl... as for airtel is concerned. please check if AFUP would be implemented on your package. because if it is, it's better to go for bsnl 512kbps ul instead of airtel 1mbps ul.

well speeds on airtel are pretty good. they usually are constant at around 90% of the defined speeds.

on my 512kbps, i can get a continues stream of 55-64 kBps on downloads from a good quality server.

1mbps users too have confirmed continues speeds at around the promised levels. the uploads on 1mbps on airtel ul are however limited to 512kbps.

i am not sure about bsnl...

as for airtel is concerned. please check if AFUP would be implemented on your package. because if it is, it's better to go for bsnl 512kbps ul instead of airtel 1mbps ul.

I have checked AFUP applies in Andhra Pradesh :(

So if i go for 1 MBPS it will go to 512 Kbps once i cross 50 GB of downloads... very bad.

BSNL, i can go for that. Do they have customer service. Can i call to them from here tokyo. I didn't find the number of customer service in BSNL site. If BSNL had 1 Mbps UL. I would have definately gone for it. I am right now stuck between these two.

Any other service do you know giving 1 Mbps UL. reliance or any other BB?

Back