Connecting more than one computer at a time using BSNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 9,934
well airtel and bsnl are the safest options to go for in most cases. if bsnl 512 kbps is much cheaper than airtel 1mbps, go for it. because airtel 1mbps would turn into a 512kbps connection in the end after a couple of days of usage. bsnl customer support is no where near airtel's and that is why most of airtel users have avoided going to bsnl even if they have cheaper plans. and AFUP is driving a lot of people to consider that option. :(

well airtel and bsnl are the safest options to go for in most cases.

if bsnl 512 kbps is much cheaper than airtel 1mbps, go for it. because airtel 1mbps would turn into a 512kbps connection in the end after a couple of days of usage.

bsnl customer support is no where near airtel's and that is why most of airtel users have avoided going to bsnl even if they have cheaper plans.

and AFUP is driving a lot of people to consider that option. :(

:) thats the problem with airtel. just 1 month back, i had decided to go for 1 Mbps. one week back i was surprised to check the site having that limit. AFUP think :@

Thanks for keep replying to my messages.

One more query. Since, i have never used Wifi router before. Would like to know how to setup wireless n/w with password so that my neighbours can't use it. only ppl in my house can use it secured wireless internet.

well that would be a different process for every different router. most routers come with their own guides to set it up with proper password protection.

Ok then will wait till i get a wifi router and will check the manual of it.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hey do you know the details about wirless EVDO card?

Whats the max speed they provide and is it UL?

well that would be a different process for every different router. most routers come with their own guides to set it up with proper password protection.

I called air tel cust care and gave my request about internet connection. Yesterday, my dad received call from their tech support and they told that connection is not feasible in my area :cry:

Now, i have only one option. BSNL. they told that they can give connection. 3 days for telephone connection and 10 days for internet connection.

I am thinking of getting my own Wireless router. Can you suggest me any specific router i should go for?

Also, as i am still in tokyo. i want to know when bsnl guys come to my house in hyderabad to give the internet connection. Will they configure the router settings(since the router is purchased by me not provided by BSNL)?

Also, at my house my dad and brother can operate on computer but don't know much about settings and all that.

Any tips please give.

Also, at my house my dad and brother can operate on computer but don't know much about settings and all that

If you opt for rental of a modem,
nowadays I learn, BSNL does the settings for "Always On" connection.
You can tell your brother to make a network connection.
START/All programs/Accessories/Communications/ Network connection Wizard..
Post your PW for this Forum to him , and he will
get all the help possible in this forum. or register himself.
He has to go initially to a surfing center.

If you opt for rental of a modem,
nowadays I learn, BSNL does the settings for "Always On" connection.
You can tell your brother to make a network connection.
START/All programs/Accessories/Communications/ Network connection Wizard..
Post your PW for this Forum to him , and he will
get all the help possible in this forum. or register himself.
He has to go initially to a surfing center.

Thanks of the reply. I think i confused on my previous post.

I want to buy a wireless router/modem myself.

I read in the forum that if we purchase router own our own. the BSNL guys just call and say the internet is ready. they wont' come and setup.

I would like to know what needs to be entered in wireless router settings to get the internet working on the desktop.

The desktop will be connected via wire and the Laptop via wireless. I can delay the setting up of laptops. I can do that after i reach india on April 1st. But getting internet on Desktop is the priority.

Can you give me some tips on how to setup the wireless routher. i think we need to input csome vci and vpi details and something else.

Also one more questino:

when power cut happens, does phone line work? here in japan. phone line and internet are connected to the modem/router which runs on electricty.

Back