Connection in Borivali (West) pending for more than 3 months

• Thread starter Thread starter deesapa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,923

deesapa

ISP
Dialup
Hi - I stay in Borivali (wes) on Eksar Road have applied for MTNL DSL connection around Sep first week 2007 and still am waiting for connection. I had discussed this matter with MTNL mgmt in Borivali Exchange before Diwali and they told me that there is some technical problem and that I should take up some other connection (:wall:). But still there is no word on connection. Is anyone else facing this problem ? What can I do to get this issue escalated ? What are my alternate options for broadband as my patience is now running out ? Thanks

Welcome to club, I have been waiting for a new connection for a year now.Better look for some LAN based connection (prepaid) so that you can use it till you get ADSL from MTNL.

Go and talk to the Area Manager at your exchange. He will do something or redirect you to the Broadband Incharge. That should speed up the matter. Tell them that in case they are in short supply of router, then you will buy one yourself from the market. And if nothing happens after getting in touch with the staff at Borivali exchange then contact GM Broadband.

I think problem is with lack of infrastructure at MTNL (DSLAM ports, repeaters and such).Otherwise they don't take much time. I got it in 2 weeks at my previous apartment.

I had prev. contacted the GM I believe he was not responsive and suggested that I go for some other connection in the short term. Netfreak - Which lan based correction are you using or recommend for usage primarily on weekends (high usage on weekends for downloading videos, podcasts etc)

@deesapa: Did the GM himself tell u to go for some other connection in the short term??? :confused:

Netfreak - Which lan based correction are you using or recommend for usage primarily on weekends (high usage on weekends for downloading videos, podcasts etc)

Tough thing to answer since it depends on your area. I use TATA Indicom and it was horrible till last 1 month. Working well now. Its good for downloading (if it works well in your area).

@ deesapa I know this is an old thread but digging just to know if you have got MTNL DSL connection yet?I have applied for second ADSL triband last month (shimpoli exchange, borivali) and on enquiry they told me that now they are giving out connections to those who applied in October last year and it would take around 3-4 more months for my connection!!They say they dont have ports and are in process of upgrading. I think this is more specific to Shimpoli exchange only.What can be done to hasten this process? Any inputs are highly appreciated.

guys just go to their office and apply u will get a connection earlier then expected...and ya my frnd stays in borivali he applied on 2sept. he also hasnt got it..so he met up with the Manager and he said that all connections till 31AUg are cleared...so i guess ur will come in 2-3 weeks

I think that unless you keep on following up with them on a regular basis, you wont get it. So just pester them and thats the only way to quicken the process.

Back