Cost of Windows Vista and Windows 7 in rupees

• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 17,114
microsoft is offering the ultimate version for lower prices compared to usa.

this is a good change in strategy for the company.

it is worth paying for windows if you cannot work without it (of course if you are also ABLE to pay the price for it).

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

there are cases where you cannot avoid it at all... 3D software for example. no good free alternatives. and the good ones are all super expensive. and you have to have them if you are doing 3D related courses to make a career in it. :(

They still need to price it lower , considering median incomes here are much lower than the united states and most european countries . Not a lot of people want to shell out 9k for the OS here . Also they have special student discounts or something i believe , they need to have that stuff too .

not everyone here needs the ultimate version too. i am not defending them here but ultimate for 8000 bucks is a damn good deal for a retail markup.

microsoft has the office pack for students and small businesses. pretty cheap at around 2000 bucks.

of course to have Windows OS implemented for students would require india to have a proper infrastructure and a centralized system making it possible for them!

otherwise it would be like Apple products. show an ID card, get a discount. (it works in india!).

and there are very few educational organizations in india which actually use laptops as part of the studying mechanism itself.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

and well you cannot ignore the fact that microsoft has to take into account that US based retail customers can then get their copies from India... and use/sell it in the US market.

usage of Windows is not restricted to a particular region. a lot of us get our hardware and software from the USA because it is cheap there. think of how the process would simply reverse!

Windows is the target of many exploits.Original OS can atleast prevent many critical attacks.Its always recommended to have original OS.

it is a rumor that microsoft spreads that original copy of windows is more secure compared to pirated ones. they have tried to make it hard for non-original copies to get access to latest patches and updates. but it does not always work. does it? the fact remains... most people who end up using pirated windows (casual users) can easily live with a free OS like ubuntu. but they simply won't accept the minor inconvenience of learning a new platform.

Download Windows 7, why buy?

its your choice

i you have money and don't wanna pirate then it is better to buy

if not then pirate

a good alternative is to buy your systems from companies like Dell... there is a minor increase in price but you end up getting a legal copy of Windows at least. branded computers are priced very competitively these days. though you miss out on extensive customization you get with assembled ones.

Indeed , I saw the Studio 7100 the other day . Even without windows , it was coming out to be cheaper than a similar assembled machine . Phenom 1055T , 5870 , 6GB DDR3 etc for 65k and they were giving windows 7 premium along .

hehe yeah. the benefits of having a deal with Intel and Microsoft so that you get cheaper stuff compared to what it costs in the retail market. Dell has some amazing deals in india right now. they were offering a laptop with i7 for around 45K a few days back i believe!

what is the discount Apple gives to students in India, In the US is is about 100$ on a 1500$ notebook. Just checked my university website yesterday, Dell had pretty slick deals, I was offered an m11x for 540$ which frankly is a steal.

Back