Coway Air Mega 150

Yeah, I just checked the other thread; it's not available to buy. So I can only go for Coway 150. How long do the filters last for you if you run them 24/7?

I change them in October every year. Checking them after a few weeks of usage during upcoming weeks is hopeless. They get jet black very fast.

I will also check with smart air if they have plans to get sa600 units in coming days. Filters of it are also running out of stock. I don't need one right now but if they aren't getting fresh stock soon, I will buy now. Seems weird they didn't get stock considering November is coming 💩

as for the filter... this is what the old filter looked like on october 6 when i changed it.

72w2mf7.webp

there is no definite answers to filter life. even at this stage, it would clean air but air flow would be restricted so it is not an optimal position for the november-february time period. you can go according to the indicator on the device which would turn on at specific intervals. i generally change them in october to have a fresh unit for the start of the bad months. at times, i have changed them twice a year if i am running it during the lean months as well.

i would take a photo of the filter in current shape after only a few days of usage in not so bad conditions. i think it would be pretty black already lol.

@pankaj got a response from smartair...

Thanks for reaching out. We will have the SA600, the 5-speed variant, Back in stock by 7 November. Related to the HEPA Filters of SA600, they will be restocked on the same day. You will not face any issues related to the filter's availability of any Air purifier we offer.

I would have loved to get the five speed sa600 variant. Should be much better than the three speed one I have.

Company say 8500 hours so filters should be fine for six months. In the end, it depends upon how bad the air is. Keep an eye out on fan noise and airflow. Those are the best indicator of when the filters need to be replaced.

Smart Air does sell some products through Amazon. But ordering from their own store is fine. They are based in Delhi and I have been to their warehouse a few times. I actually picked two units from their warehouse instead of ordering online.

Last edited:

Back