Credit Card without CIBIL

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,133
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend of mine doesn't have any CIBIL history. Is there a way to get a credit card without it?

Has a savings account in ICICI.

FD based cards? They do essentially work like regular credit cards.

I was thinking about the same, but banks do start offering CCs themselves when they see a certain average balance in an account. So just thinking to wait or get an FD based card.

i mean if he hasn't been offered a card from icici already, he is more or less out of luck. maybe try with OneCard. i assume fd based card would start his credit history so it would be a start. assuming your friend is not looking to make high value purchases immediately, a smallish fd should work fine to kickstart the process.

Yep, not looking to making high value purchases. It's kind of funny they still don't have a credit history. A good portion of India still runs on cash.

Yeah. Smaller banks would do that. IDFC calls me every second week offering me a personal loan or credit card. This started happening after I shut down my account with them. ICICI would probably not bother unless you have a salary account with a proper company.

My experience is hdfc bank is faster in offering cc to people who have accounts with them. Icici was always a laggard in this except for a short duration when they were even standing in car parks & in front of toilets in movie theaters. 😁 But those days are long gone.

Back