DATA ONE HUGE BILL FOR 900 unlimited BroadBand Plan. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

maxsteel_itus

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I was using DataOne connection in Andhra Pradesh from the month DECEMBER 2007 with a plan 250 RC. I changed that existing plan to 900C ( Unlimited Downloads). I submitted an application on 28th December 2007. I asked the corresponding employee who's accepting the applications about the new plan activation.He told me that it will be activated from the 1st January 2008. So, I started using broadband from the day One of January 2008 thinking that i am in 900 UL plan.All the days when i use my broadband, i used to check the usage details. But, now a days i am not able to check those details due some problem. The PAGE IS NOT DISPLAYED. It shows some server busy problem.But when i check my account recently, it shows an amount of 58222 Rupees. I was shocked and i rushed to the BSNL office and asked the concerned authority about this issue. I asked SRINIVAS RAO (A.E. ) of Bsnl, he told me that they are facing some problems in the Bangalore, So it will take 3 more months to get the plan converted. And i asked solution for my problem, he simply smiled and said am too facing the same problem with my phone bill. There's no solution for otherthan paying the Bill.THERE IS NOT EVEN A NOTICE FROM THE BSNL ABOUT THE TIME TAKING PROCESS REGARDING THIS PLAN SHIFT.can anybody help me solving my problem? whom shud i report and everything... anything..

Just go to your usage web site and download the data. as on date . Detailed.Take a screen shot and post it.somewhere they should show the tariff plan.Save DEC2007 usage data also , if possible.In future always send email to cc for all plan changes etc. Then if you dont get reply you can complain to nodal ,appealate etc. .

It's BSNL man... you should have been cautious. You should have confirmed the plan change to UL either from cc or portal before starting to use them!

Hi,

I was using DataOne connection in Andhra Pradesh from the month DECEMBER 2007 with a plan 250 RC.

I changed that existing plan to 900C ( Unlimited Downloads). I submitted an application on 28th December 2007.

I asked the corresponding employee who's accepting the applications about the new plan activation.

He told me that it will be activated from the 1st January 2008. So, I started using broadband from the day One of January 2008 thinking that i am in 900 UL plan.

All the days when i use my broadband, i used to check the usage details. But, now a days i am not able to check those details due some problem. The PAGE IS NOT DISPLAYED. It shows some server busy problem.

But when i check my account recently, it shows an amount of 58222 Rupees. I was shocked and i rushed to the BSNL office and asked the concerned authority about this issue.

I asked SRINIVAS RAO (A.E. ) of Bsnl, he told me that they are facing some problems in the Bangalore, So it will take 3 more months to get the plan converted.

And i asked solution for my problem, he simply smiled and said am too facing the same problem with my phone bill. There's no solution for otherthan paying the Bill.

THERE IS NOT EVEN A NOTICE FROM THE BSNL ABOUT THE TIME TAKING PROCESS REGARDING THIS PLAN SHIFT.

can anybody help me solving my problem? whom shud i report and everything... anything..

:yahoo:
in fact ur lucky ,
yep what i am saying is true
u will get the bill for the amount mentioned in the bsnl site but u will pay only 1016RS(900 + 12 % taxes)
r u sure that u mention correct plan in the letter (h900UL or h900UL plus)?
have u paid caution deposit of RS 900 ( if not hurry up and pay it )?
last year i had faced similar problem but u got to know early but i came to know in the mid FEB when a bill of 43000 came to my house in speed post for the month of jan and RS 71000 bill for the month of FEB but i paid only 1016 each month
how i approached?
i still remember i went to bsnl office at ameerpet and met commercial officer and showed him the bill ,rememeber i neither have any proof because i didnt even deposit 900 RS because the foolish employee in customer care never informed me about it ,he asked attender bring my file and he was surprised to see my request letter and he immediately changed my plan for the month of march (but i have to pay deposit 900 rs) after about 1 month in mid march i got new bill and payed the bill

:) enjoy 2mbps unlimited plan for just RS 1000

Not your fault dear.....typical bsnl....just keep photocopies..of all the important docs....receivings....etc.......

I was using DataOne connection in Andhra Pradesh from the month DECEMBER 2007 with a plan 250 RC.

I changed that existing plan to 900C ( Unlimited Downloads). I submitted an application on 28th December 2007.

i don't know if you read carefully on the bsnl site about minimum hire period but it is 3 months for home250 & home500.this means you can not change your plan before 3 months.bsnl employees should have told you about this but then what to expect from a govt. organization like bsnl.

in fact ur lucky ,
yep what i am saying is true
u will get the bill for the amount mentioned in the bsnl site but u will pay only 1016RS(900 + 12 % taxes)
r u sure that u mention correct plan in the letter (h900UL or h900UL plus)?
have u paid caution deposit of RS 900 ( if not hurry up and pay it )?
last year i had faced similar problem but u got to know early but i came to know in the mid FEB when a bill of 43000 came to my house in speed post for the month of jan and RS 71000 bill for the month of FEB but i paid only 1016 each month
how i approached?
i still remember i went to bsnl office at ameerpet and met commercial officer and showed him the bill ,rememeber i neither have any proof because i didnt even deposit 900 RS because the foolish employee in customer care never informed me about it ,he asked attender bring my file and he was surprised to see my request letter and he immediately changed my plan for the month of march (but i have to pay deposit 900 rs) after about 1 month in mid march i got new bill and payed the bill

just an example of how govt. employees works.the guy was lucky that he got a person who actually care for the customer & probably didn't know himself about minimum hire period.also the employee who told you that the plan will be activated from 1st jan was he some senior official or just a random employee as this also matters a lot.

in the end what download speeds you are getting from 1jan as the home900 plan is 256kbps & will give speeds around 30KBps while home250 with 2mbps gives around 220-240KBps.surely you must have noticed this that even after your plan is changed you are getting speeds of home250.just prey that you got an accounts officer like the lanki_567.in my view your case is really weak.

Hi.. First thing as many others said.. dont believe this guys unless you get some written letter/email from somewhere... I was shocked reading the title (900 unlimited broadband plan- beware). Since from first day, it is on UL 900+. So i think i wont be having big issues ... When i got a bsnl postpaid with an addon connection, i was making sure that we both are in addon before started talking.. i had been to BSNL CSC and saw in the monitor about it and made those things confirmed... and.. all the best for yor you !

Thanks you guys!!! your replies are really appreciable. Could anyone please tell me that to whom shall i complaint this? and how should i approach.?? and all... Thanks in advance.

Thanks you guys!!! your replies are really appreciable. Could anyone please tell me that to whom shall i complaint this? and how should i approach.?? and all...

Thanks in advance.
meet COMMERCIAL OFFICER ,he will atleast change the plan for the month of FEB and will rectify the bill of JAN

just an example of how govt. employees works.the guy was lucky that he got a person who actually care for the customer & probably didn't know himself about minimum hire period.also the employee who told you that the plan will be activated from 1st jan was he some senior official or just a random employee as this also matters a lot.

:wall: don't remember whats his position in customer care but i am sure that he dont have any knowledge:wall:
i have used BSNL H500 plan for 13months and using H900 plan since last 13 months

Back