DATA ONE HUGE BILL FOR 900 unlimited BroadBand Plan. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Although when the records in Bsnl suggest that i and others who have called up to switch the package. I did confirm this with bsnl employees and they did inform me that the reques to switch to change plan was but it did not go through.

my intention is not to blame anyone but to made some points which are correct.just imagine that if you have to stand in a court then is this argument is going to stand.reasons---
1.just because you placed a request to change plan does not in any way guarantees a change of plan in a time period suitable to you.it depends entirely on service provider.
2.it is your responsibility to validate your plan change by getting some written confirmation from an authorized bsnl official.

i don't know much about judiciary but i think my 1st point is a standard part of policy in service agreements of almost every service provider in telecommunications.unless you have some written confirmation according to my 2nd point it is entirely upto the concerned bsnl officials whether they should consider your case or not.

most of the users who are having such problems usually put this point of having applied for plan change before the end of month & assuming that from the 1st of next month their plan is changed even if they applied just 2-3 days before the end of month.to all such users i just want to ask these questions--
did you got your broadband connection in 2-3 days or do you have to wait for weeks/months?
do you prefer govt. services or private services?
how many times in your life you have to go to a govt. office to get some work done & it was done immediately wihout asking for any favours(read bribe)?
have you tried to talk to bsnl customer service &/or officials at your local exchange(most of them don't even know the difference between a bit & byte or how upload differs from download)?

as a customer we all have some responsibilities too.especially in a country like ours you just can't have the luxury of leaving everything to others especially govt. organizations.in my view it is totally irresponsible that you submit an application on 27th dec & expect the plan to change the plan from 1 jan without getting any written assurance or even see a notice in change of speed for unlimited plan(256kbps instead of 2mbps).i am sure that for every other thing in life for which you have to pay Rs.900 you will enquire at least something about it but here people don't even ask how much speeds they are supposed to get in home900 & speed & free time are the only 2 things to ask for in an internet plan.it is too much to ask?

@Whitestar999I absolutely agree with your point view. Its our responsibility considering how deplorable the service providers and how low they can stoop. The reason why i m so positive about the phone call and the complaint number plus the reference number is. In the house of justice, thats court, this is an official evidence which proves the point that customer had called up to change the plan. Now having said let me elaborate further, Who has hired whom to provide service? A customer has hired bsnl to provide service isnt it. Where in policy of any company it says that a customer has to do a follow up of his request? Where in policy of any company it says that a customer is liable even if the request doesnt go through? Thats not too much, because as a customer we have responsibilities but equally we have RIGHTS. Thats my point. This thing falls under the customer rights not policy. When a company representative tells you yes your request will be honored and it will be active by such and such date? Isnt that an assurance ? If the company gives you an assurance and then declines or fails so why should a customer pay the price? Lets reason this out sensibly. We as the customers cant allow anyone to take us for a ride. I know it will be very troublesome and annoying and frustrating. But my freind this is our country we are responsible for amending the things not just accepting the fate. I know there are many who has had this problem all i want to say them is that BSNL is not the boss to have a final say we have eminent judges in our country and we should expose this lack of apathy and blackmailing of service providers in order cough up illegal money from innocent customers.I know how the rules of this game is played because i m myself is in customer service from past 6 years. I have handled issues of europe and north america and i quite well versed with the customer rights and regulations. Let me tell you in our country a customer is the king. Whether bsnl or airtel or reliance whichever company it is they really cant take anyone for ride if you know your rights. Let me quote you an example of it. I have had airtel gprs service before having the Broadband. Airtel was only giving me 25 kps speed. I called in lot of times and they told me they will look into it. They finally told me that in my area i cant get minimum of 43 kps. So i told them why didnt they tell me this before when i was signing up? They were dumbfound. They had no answers. Well i kept quite until i recieve the bill. After recieving the bill. I called up the Applet office of Airtel and complained to her that i m not getting what i m paying for yet airtel has charged me for that. Gave the complaint number. The aplet officer assured me that she will make sure the charges will be taken off. That did happen. The reason why i m mentioning this to here is that many of us say this is how it is in my country and accept but no its not like that if we be a bit tough and responsible as you said things will improve. Similarly if you are having 256 kps you should get minimum of 256 kps thats what the service is. Not 30 or 40 kps. Because as per the norms you should get at any cost 256 kps thats what you are paying for. So all those who have less speed should call up and ask them why it is low not close to 256 kps. Lets see how it works as i m going tomorrow to bsnl office and will update you guys on the matter.Irfan

1.just because you placed a request to change plan does not in any way guarantees a change of plan in a time period suitable to you.it depends entirely on service provider.

i don't know much about judiciary but i think my 1st point is a standard part of policy in service agreements of almost every service provider in telecommunications.unless you have some written confirmation according to my 2nd point it is entirely upto the concerned bsnl officials whether they should consider your case or not.

my friend theknight my point is that some users here are saying that since they give the application for plan change on 27-28th dec their plan must change from 1st jan.as far as i know all other things rest aside my 1st point is enough in itself to stand against that customer in any court unless he has some written assurance.

let me say it again---1.just because you placed a request to change plan does not in any way guarantees a change of plan in a time period suitable to you.it depends entirely on service provider.

this is from their terms & conditions which you agreed to by signing the application form----

3. The contract with BSNL for provision of Broadband Service will be for a minimum period from the date of commencement (depending upon the plan chosen) in accordance with the tariff plan opted.

Irfan,I absolutely agree with the views you've expressed in the above post. I think that as consumers we should be aware and not take bad treatment from service providers (and businesses/governments) in our country in a stride (thinking that this is how it is going to be in India). That mentality hurts us the most eventually.Regards,RP.

Hello All Friends

After spending some sleepless night working out the way to fix this problem. Yesterday I left to BSNL Area Manager office based in bhansvadi area. I had taken a printout of the letter describing how much I m wretched by this problem. I presented the letter to the officers present at that time and I was asked to speak to a lady by name Nanda. They had a look at my letter and I showed them the reference number and complaint that I have had given and they took some time to investigate. After a while they came and told me that I will be billed according to 900 Unlimited not Home 500. I told them very clearly and I had made the point very clearly in the letter that I m not obligated to pay any usage charges other then my rental and taxes.

So they then told me and wrote on a letter that "Bill may be amended" and will be billed according to 900 unlimited. Today again I had phoned them up and reminded them about this and they said the problem had occurred on their end as I m some MP user due to which this switching of the package did not happen.

So far I m relieved that they have accepted the problem. Let me tell you that my January bill is not yet generated and the month has not yet got over what I have done is preemptive in order to be on safer side after this horrific discovery. I guess now I m bit relieved although once I see a revised bill then that would be right time to party...lol

Well guys I appreciate your help and I sincerely thank you for spending time and helping me out.

I need another help from you guys as to tell me how I can check the usage details and understand how the BSNL meter works. As I see that I m charged around 3000 rupees' for additional usage so if someone can guide me to understand how the meter reading is as 2morrow is the date that I have to cut the cheque.

Irfan,theknight
**Apologies for posting a bit late as my bsnl modem was conked up so i had to change that as well.

Now i m able to check my usage. Huh but i cant really understand have touched 5 GB in normal hours other then the free hours for download. Would someone tell me whether the meter reading is correct without any flaw in it? Because its so hard to believe. Has anyone experienced any wrong meter reading problem earlier if so how did you all correct and saved your money? Irfan

@theknight When you get the printed telephone bill details will not be shown of the usage.Make a screen shot of the usage page and post it here for checking.If you are using IE change over to FireFox Browser and use "adblock plus" add on to block advts. In case you want to switch to IE use add on "IETAB."Your download includes advts/flash displays etc. This could be one of the reasons. Also there could be time difference in your free Nu downloads.How you decided it is wrong metering ?

Hi knight,U mentioned that you have taken a printout and submitted it. What is the printout that you have shown them? can u guide me clearly.. as am in the same situation.. Thanks in advance.

Back