DNS Hacked in Router

• Thread starter Thread starter ijsa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 7,125
all things right but how can anyone using wifi, access router admin page without knowing the password.... that too a strong password with special characters(@,$# etc) in it...

I've given the answer to this (possible reason) previously. But, since it's a localhost.

You've two options from here:

1. Keep Questioning yourself about this and not casing out.

2. Case out any possible way and make yourself more secure.

If I were you, I would go with 2.

P.S.: It's good to question but not at the cost of casing out. I would case out any thing which can be the possible reason.

DNS poisoning is serious. They could have redirected every page you visited during the time to another server and stolen your credentials. I would recommend changing passwords for everything you logged into during the time frame.

They also use DNS to target Android specifically See Cybercriminals Hijack Router DNS to Distribute Android Banking Trojan Crooks Hijack Router DNS Settings to Redirect Users to Android Malware

At the very least use malwarebytes or some such to scan the device. If it were me, I would wipe and start over.

Better to be safe than sorry.

thx guys...

do not recall the full ip..... i just removed it in a hurry.

when I was accessing the sites on android in browser.... it was redirecting me to download/ update facebook.

It is also possible your ISP using remote administration to update the DNS on your modem.

Recently my fiber modem (ONU) was updated by bsnl ftth from server side to change the default gateway IP address, apparently for "security reasons" :D

Would have been great if you had saved the ip. If it was operated by bsnl... This would have been the next big scandal.

but if it were isp they would not totally stop functionality... I was not able to access google.com

Nvidea Shield (android box).... was connected to router but showing no internet. Hotstar was working but youtube not working...

Back