DTH googly: Consumers to pay more for new channels

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,171
@greg.,

thanks for correcting me. But i did see that a-la-carte should be enforced.

There is another regulation (sept 3, 2007) which governs the relation between DTH operators and broadcasters. That one says that broadcasters have to offer their channels a la carte to the DTH operator. This does not affect the subscriber directly coz we don't get to choose individual channels.

There is another regulation (sept 3, 2007) which governs the relation between DTH operators and broadcasters. That one says that broadcasters have to offer their channels a la carte to the DTH operator. This does not affect the subscriber directly coz we don't get to choose individual channels.

Let us see whether this rule comes into effect or not from december 1'st.

It wont come soon first the guidelines will come and if the dth operators agree to it they will star that in 2months. If dth companies dont accept then they will go to TDSAT and you know what will happen if we go to TDSAT :wall:we need to again star eating samosas in the forum waiting for their judgement:hysterical:

@ aju First TS promised that before adding sun channels they told to the press that the viewers can pay only for what they watch?.Then they give all the sun channels for 50 rs.Same in the case of dishtv.They are not giving what we want?.So in this case TS and Dishtv are playing game with us.In dish tv from the sun channels i watch sun,sun news,ktv,sun music,chutti tv only.But we have to pay for malayalam,telugu and kannad channels also.so we need to pick and select channels.

You are spot on. These people take double standards for their comforts not ours. Atleast 2 years back i was watching surya tv & kiran tv as they used to show some adult movies on those channels @ 12 midnight every saturday now they stopped showing that and i stopped watching it too:hysterical:. I dont understand when we will able to watch what we want in DTH platform. Even in dish tv they have got good boquet for regional packs but i wanted to have a facility like what we have got for CAS in metros:thumbsup:

You are spot on. These people take double standards for their comforts not ours. Atleast 2 years back i was watching surya tv & kiran tv as they used to show some adult movies on those channels @ 12 midnight every saturday now they stopped showing that and i stopped watching it too:hysterical:.
I dont understand when we will able to watch what we want in DTH platform.
Even in dish tv they have got good boquet for regional packs but i wanted to have a facility like what we have got for CAS in metros:thumbsup:

crap fellows with crap Tata Sky.

I got it...

http://www.trai.gov.in/trai/upload/Regulations/70/regulation3sep07.pdf

It shall be mandatory on the part of the broadcasters to offer pay channels on a-la-carte basis to direct to home operators and such offering of channels on a-la-carte basis shall not prevent the broadcaster from offering such pay channels additionally in the form of bouquets:
Provided that no broadcaster shall, directly orindirectly, compel any direct to home operator to offer the entire bouquet or bouquets offered by the broadcaster to such operator in any package or scheme being offered by such direct to home operator to its direct to home subscribers.

The sum of the a-la-carte rates of the pay channels forming part of such a bouquet shall in no case exceed one and half times of the rate of that bouquet of which such pay channels are a part

Back