Dual Core Nexus

• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,397
Google I/O day 2 - Android Market enhancement ..

Good news, though – today at I/O, Google announced that as of June 2011, the Market will support apps of up to 4GB (well, 4GB + 50MB) in size, which should be large enough to house just about any game we could possibly want on our devices. This support will come in the form of the same 50MB initial download app limit, except with the addition of up to 2 2GB data files, hosted and managed by the Market itself. This takes the burden off developers and makes it easy for them to publish gigantic apps and games without worrying about hosting and extra implementations.
Whats the current limit? I hope it was very low because i see only very few good games in the android marketplace as compared to iOS. In fact i haven't seen/used any app which seemed to stretch a 1 ghz single core processor whereas on my ipad using Garageband i feel it could've been better with a dual core processor.

from what i could find out from google. it was 25MB originally. then increased to 50MB. i suppose new limit is 4GB + 50MB?

so if consider such big game we definitely need good processing power . and i feel with android new version the requirement of hardware will also increase and it will support only dual core processor ...

I am not sure about the existing limit, but I have this game Asphalt, which requires 900+ MB of space. So my guess would be current limit is somewhere near a GB

whoa. you downloaded 900MB on your mobile phone? how hot was the phone at the end of the download?

^ I downloaded over WiFi :) The phone (Desire HD) gets hot even otherwise. Either this phone is bad, or HTC simply is bad with battery backups.

of course you downloaded over wifi...

the phone gets too hot anyways.

i mean it gets hot after spending long hours in angry birds for me!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

WAZE... i used it for a couple of days on nexus one. 15 minutes of use would make it warm enough for me to get worried.

of course you downloaded over wifi...

the phone gets too hot anyways.

i mean it gets hot after spending long hours in angry birds for me!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

WAZE... i used it for a couple of days on nexus one. 15 minutes of use would make it warm enough for me to get worried.

Even my phone would become very warm after playing Angry Birds. So I stopped playing in on phone, got hold of the PC version. Enjoyin' now on PC.

Please don't ask how I got the PC version :wink:

There is now a free html5 version available for chrome.Afaik for the limit, the 25mb was the size limitation on the market, the rest of the files were hosted on gameloft servers and downloaded from there on running the app. Now google will host those data file also.

Back