Excitel Broadband: 50mbps for Rs. 800, 75mbps for Rs. 970 & 100mbps for Rs. 1145

@Sidharth P Means there are too many subs they have gained in less time that their infra is not able to handle such network?

Likely the issue and the fact that they doubled their speeds without giving a thought about the capabilities of their network. Maybe this is a LCO specific issue. My LCO probably has too many users sharing a connection at once.

@Sushubh How are the speeds when a Mumbai or Kolkata server is selected?

excitel really needs to deal with shit with commercial usage on these plans. there is a pg besides my house and i see only a single cable going to his place. so the pg owner is essentially using the same connection with at least 10 renting parties.

haha. i do not waste time trying to connect to far away servers. as long as i get decent speeds on ncr servers. i assume it is working optimally. but let me do a test for you.

n68FfXm.png

lol. i am guessing they are using the same backbone? lol

so speedtest new imagery does not mention the isp of the host. it was on spectranet. the viral fever have their own server lol.

Earlier they closed my ticket saying that speeds are low because my WiFi is bad. Now I told em I directly connected the cable to my PC, waiting for them to reply. Most likely they will make another excuse.

Here are my speedtests from servers across, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Chennai. Latency seems to be on higher side on my Rpi, I have a cron job that runs hourly and runs these.
6321625698.png

6321626721.png

6321627790.png

6321628706.png

6321629620.png

Complete list here:
Code:
https://pastebin.com/TZBPLMGJ

Last edited:
The biggest problem I feel with excitel is if your net goes down post 8pm or so. Then it only gets rectified the next morning.

Back