• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,704

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
After using Tata Sky for 1 year, following are my expectation from TATASKY for 20081. Reduction of rentals/tariffs (if not atleast no further increase in it)2. Better packaging, packages based on regional content, so we need not to pay for channels which we never watch3. Getting GEC channels like 9X, NDTV Imagine (proposed release) in basic package and not seperately charged under any add-on4. Bringing back ZEE SPORTS & adding some popular ZEE channels like ZEE TALKIES and other regional ZEE channels5. Adding popular missing Music channels (and AIR/FM channels)6. Adding newly launched channels (in 2008)7. Reduction in price for Movie-On-Demand8. Last but not least - Maintaining the good Audio/Video quality Other Members, Please provide your inputs on the topic

My suggestions:1. Scrap the ACTVE services. They make changing channels an absolute pain in the ass. Over the last couple of days, I am not able to watch NDTV 24x7 properly coz of one of their brain dead ACTVE contests.2. Sync audio and video properly and bring back uniform volume levels across all channels.If the top management at Tata Sky was internet savvy and were looking around the web for user feedback, they would find lots of ideas. But unfortunately, good ideas hardly ever find an intelligent audience. And that appears to be the case with Tata Sky. I think it has more to do with the - 'You have paid four thousand bucks to buy that box. What are you going to do if we don't provide what you want? Spend some more?' attitude.In any case, I have reduced the time spent watching tv over the last few weeks - just news and a few English movies, and moved over to books. If good content does not arrive, tv will lose me.

1. STB with built in PVR for time shift viewing.2. English/ Hindi/ Regional lang. movies librarary for selection at decent rates.3. Exclusive pay channels with pay per view rates.4. Better audio - video sync and picture quality.5. Uniform sound level in all channels.6. Blacking of TV screens for audio channels.

My expectations,1. More good channels (Zee sports, Hallmark, MGM......).2. Regional language movies on showcase.3. More ACTVE Services.4. User friendly subscription rates.

My main expectation is a PVR so that we can record shows! Something like Tivo!

thats the best solution for us all. a base package for the FTA channels. and 5 bucks for each additional channel. no packages. just pick the ones you need. period.

thats the best solution for us all. a base package for the FTA channels. and 5 bucks for each additional channel. no packages. just pick the ones you need. period.
For this TRAI or TDSAT must make an rule which is similar to that of CAS system. I wonder when they will impose or create a rules&regulation on this issue:rofl:

Back