Expectation from TATASKY in 2008

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,704
i need picture in picture....hihi

o Need to have AMC for the settop box (currently it is on hold) and reasonable charges for the AMCo channels on a-la-carte basis for the customerso Back button must work while active services are on-Ravi

1) Need a PVR with usb port (so that you can transfer the content downloaded to your pvr to the computer when the HDD gets full) for time shift viewing....It's abt time we in india watch the channels we want when we want!
2) Like someone here said Rs 100/- for all free channels + Rs5/- per pay channel you have opted.
3) More quality channels like hallmark,fox news, fox sports,TCM,military channel ??,etc,etc
4) remove all ACTVE services.totally useless and they make changing channels PITA.
5) Limit the amount of regional crap channels and use the excesss transponder capacity to bring in High def. channels.( although this would req. a new STB)
6)Show old time classics in showcase for Rs. 20/- movie.
And finally,
7) Since STBs already have a feature to password protect channels, bring in adult content.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

These are demands rather than expectations.

Also TRAi show order all DTH providers to unlock their STBs so tht you aren't stuck with one provider. i don't know whether it's possible but i would like to pick and choose channels from different DTh services using a single STB. eg. I would like to subscribe to TCM provided by dish tv even though i am using Tata Sky.

@sanoj, your last comment looks interesting. Picking channels from different service providers. If possible, this could be an amazing offer.

Sanoj , choosing channels from different operators is not possible. As the satellites used by respective dth operators have unique orientations. So unless a particular channel is on the transponder of the concerned satellite , you won't be getting it. However , if we had something like a Mega satellite with a capacity of 100 transponders then it would be possible , provided that all dth operators use that satellite. It would simply be great. Let's hope that it happens soon. :D

Back