Experience with SUN Direct HD DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter tomythomas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 47,502
Tomy,I am looking for low budget between Rs.35000 to 45000 with Speakers.
Thanks & regards
Nayagam

You can think of getting a Soundbar from Philips. HTS-5120 cost you around 32K or so. But it does not have a decoder for Dolby True HD or DTS Master audio which is understandable since it has built-in DVD player only, no Bluray. It is a very good solution if your TV is wall mounted and you do not want to clutter the room with speakers and wires. Even the Subwoofer is wireless connected! If you want a Bluray Player and all the high end features you may have to look at HTS-8160 which has everything you want for

Dear Tomy,Are you getting the new TEST SERVICE iConcerts on sun hd? any info you have about this service ??sk

Dear Tomy,
Are you getting the new TEST SERVICE iConcerts on sun hd? any info you have about this service ??

sk
Yes. I am getting it, it is a musical channel.

Can anyone clarify on the language feeds of NGC HD and Discovery HDworld...is it multiple feeds (English/Hindia/etc) or single english feed???

Now DD HD service is available on SUN HD.
After satellite change signal strength of home TP is 100% at morning. 95% at night. So , no problem during heavy rain. HD channels on Measat shows 80% signal and INSAT HD channel gives 50%. sun hd, colours hd and iconcerts are not available now. Two regional services became mixed to one.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Both the channels gives English audio.

Now DD HD service is available on SUN HD.
After satellite change signal strength of home TP is 100% at morning. 95% at night. So , no problem during heavy rain. HD channels on Measat shows 80% signal and INSAT HD channel gives 50%. sun hd, colours hd and iconcerts are not available now. Two regional services became mixed to one.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Both the channels gives English audio.

Yesterday we could watch CWG opening ceremony in HD. Video is good but Audio is pathetic. NGC and Discovery HD giving Dolby 5.1 with fantastic Audio. Even the volume level varies quite a bit among the HD channels.

actually its the feed from dd....the audio does read as dolby 5.1 in my AV receiver(on tS HD) but the voice cracks very often( I mean thee is a cracking sound accompanying the commentary)...which ecomes very irritating....my guess is though DD has bought the HD Cameras....and showcasing lots of programming in HD...the programs on history of Delhi were really done good but the voice over became a problem...so the audi equipment seems to be below par...at DD's end

Back