FAQ about New Airtel Broadband Connection in Chennai - MMDA

ISP
Reliance Netconnect+ and Airtel Broadband
Hi All !!!
This is my first post at this forum. I am from Chennai- Aminjikarai. I am looking forward to get a new wired Airtel broadband , but i am shocked to see a hell lot of problems reg. Smartbytes, Wrong billing, Fast metering ..etc. I would be happy if someone sheds a lil light on all this issues.

Currently i am using reliance netconnect+ dongle. Please share info coz. i might book this Friday. The only other option that i have is the MTS dongle- There is an offer for Chennai circle - 999/- for 40gb @ (1-5 Mbps) and 144kbps thereafter and the dongle costs 1400/- , Is MTS an effective alternative to airtel ... Please reply !!!

explain in detail what issues you facing. smartbytes are optional. when you are close to exhausting the FUP, it will randomly redirect. its an annoyance for sure, but not a major issue.

regarding wrong billing and fast metering(?), please post the plan that you have opted for. its something you can deal with airtel.

and MTS, many of my friends have it and its the worst ever. speeds are slower than 2g even at full signal, as the network is often congested because these dealers like to handout everyone a dongle and make some money for themselves. its beyond pathetic.

you should check in your area but i'm sure it wont be much different.

Thank you goodburner for the reply .. :)

I am worried about the smartbytes coz i have my lil sister browsing ..if she accidentally clicks on any one of the packs ..then booom :eek:. Also i have come across many cases where the customer didnt have any part in activating it and I am quite sure u also must have faced this problem as many of my friends have. Fast Metering :giggle: ie . the billed usage is way more than the actual.. this leads to end of FUP and the beginning of annoying popups... And one more thing .. can this Smartbyte popup be blocked using a dns config in the router / modem level.. ?

you should try asking your sister to not touch the smartbytes page.. nothing else can be done i guess.

and the redirect cannot be blocked AFAIK. many people have been trying to do it without any success.

you should try asking your sister to not touch the smartbytes page.. nothing else can be done i guess.

and the redirect cannot be blocked AFAIK. many people have been trying to do it without any success.

if you have proof that the billed usage is more than the actual usage, post a complaint with airtel.

I stumbled across the BSNL EVDO Connection .. Any Ideas ??

I dont know as of now.. coz i dont have an Airtel connection.. But the Smartytes activation packs dont ask for captcha's .. few clicks and you are doomed

Back