FAQ about New Airtel Broadband Connection in Chennai - MMDA

@chromaniac .. Which username and password are you referring to ?. BTW the plan - Super 599 is a retention plan.. the sales guy was kind enough to open up the details. He advised me not to refer the Customer care about the change in plan as they are given to customers who are on the verge of terminating their connections :p.

@invader.. Try asking your local Airtel guy , as it varies from Circle to Circle. And give a little Dhamki :devil::devil: that you are going to terminate the connection coz of High bill, small Fup... blah.. blah.. you know :D:D. The retention team will definitely come up with "Hidden Plans" , so that the can keep you on their network to keep milking you ;);).

your adsl account id and password. the one that is needed to configure the modem. airtel sells you shitty hardware. do not fall for that trap.

Hey .. Forgot to tell you .. I have one of Bsnl's ADSL2/2+ modems (UTSTARCOM UT300R2U) .. Can i use this one ?? also to add i have TP-Link MR3220 4g/3g wifi router . So ADSL->Modem->Wan->Router->Wifi and Lan . Is this setup possible ?

Hi @Mohammad bhai. I contacted airtel and they gave me the lowest plan for 2mbps@699 till 5GB and 512kbps post FUP. Will migrate to it soon. Cheers.

Hey .. Forgot to tell you .. I have one of Bsnl's ADSL2/2+ modems (UTSTARCOM UT300R2U) .. Can i use this one ?? also to add i have TP-Link MR3220 4g/3g wifi router . So ADSL->Modem->Wan->Router->Wifi and Lan . Is this setup possible ?
Yes it will work fine. Just remember to keep them on different subnet, eg.- UTStarcom on 192.168.0.x and tplink on 192.168.1.x because if in case both of them are on 192.168.1.x it will cause dhcp conflict.

Separate the subnet and let the tp link router take care of lan and wifi clients dhcp request, should work perfectly.

Back