FAQ about New Airtel Broadband Connection in Chennai - MMDA

@x720 They have mailed me the plans in excel format. Is that ok?

Finally .... Got the new Airtel broadband connection :happy::happy::happy:

I have a few questions though -

1. I opted for Airtel Super max plan - 1099 @ 2mbps, 9gb FUP. I had clearly instructed the sales rep. not to give me a modem on rent on 50 buck pm . Even though after all these requests .. the installation guy comes and Clearly refuses to use 3 of my modems - a UTSTARCOM UT300R2U, ZTE ZXDSL 831- II series and a crappy netfox ADSL modem. After all his ranting and talking about "TR069" .. I gave up coz i wanted the Damned Connection :speechless: and let him use the BEETEL 450 TC3.

2.I stood behind him making a NOTE ABOUT ALL THE STUFF THAT HE DOES TO CONFIGURE. Here they are
  1. First 122.160.224.44 to activate the DSL.. during which he downloaded a JAVA installer about 15 mb in size.
  2. Then 192.168.1.1 to config. the crappy Beetel 450 TC3.. regular admin and password stuff. He noted down the MAC address which he'll be using to Configure the connection later.
  3. He asked me to give an appropriate Username and Password for the main account.
  4. After which he configured the wifi connectivity .... D-Faq.. only 4 wifi devices limitation acc. to MAC address ?? :mad::mad:
  5. He gave an individual Username and password for each of my wifi device :sick:.
  6. After all this shitty configuration .. 203.145.18.14 .. Airtel Speed Check :nerd: ..
3.After all this hassle.. He called up the Airtel CC using my Landline :cry:.. Stupid guy used my landline to make calls to his airtel mates for about 20-25 mins. .. Pathetic !!! and at the end of the day.. watches youtube videos.. NOTE: Songs ..with blaring volume in my House without my permissin :swear::swear:.

4.Fortunately i have noted my DSL Username and Password !!! :devil:. Will change to anyone of the above mentioned modems and used MR- 3220 as router..

5.He also installed a software called - Airtel netexpert !!.. Really Donno what it does :shake:

Discrepancies noted:
  • The ping in my PC is 19ms :D... but in my phone they give me about 450-700 ms :sweating::sweating: ?? . Why is that ??
  • During the first step the modem was able to access the internet and download files( read JAVA) .. So why these unnecessary steps ??
  • Please give me procedure regarding the setup using anyone of the above mentioned modems that I already have ..

NOTE: I have managed to hookup the Beetel modem with my TP-Link router... Managed to eliminate the limitation for max. devices and reduced the ping levels in phone. But lose the connectivity when I change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Last edited:

Back