Few questions about Reliance Wireline (Broadband) internet

• Thread starter Thread starter stirredo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 35,175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sure - i can assure you its not the WLL - it has got a wire!! In fact today in the evening, for a while the Phone line was dead.....i instantly knew that my Internet was also dead for sure. It was a temporary outage i suppose, coz the moment we called up the CC, in a few minutes, the line was restored.So i want to say that the Phone and the Internet that come to my home - both are wired......but i am not sure about the main "Hub" like thing thats placed on our terrace - from where new connections are given in our Building. I dont know if it is connected via wires running across buildings or not.

How can Jaymin's connection be Wimax? He has a landline with one of the connections.
BTW, Jaymin is the landline and broadband delivered from the same cable or do you have separate incoming cables for each?

You know in WiMax they will install one Wireless Router Roof-Top which receive signals from BTS. from that Wireless receiver Network cable or Optic cable go to your POE (Power over Ethernet) which is placed in your room. POE Output connected to your system or Router and your phone connected to your Router work like LandLine.

NOTE: Just two days back i applied for Reliance Wired NOT Wireless(WiMax) connection, next day two people came to my house they told me we will provide you Wired connection with 600 Kbps Multiuser plan with Static IP. After that paid Rs. 2206 Cheque. Then i searched on RCOM 600Kbps plan comes under prepaid plan look like wirefree(DONT KNOW WHY THEY INCLUDED THIS IS WIRELINE). immediately called up Reliance person that i dont't need wireless/WiMax connection you know what he replied Sir we are providing you wired only just one WireLess Receiver we will install on Roof-Top from Roof-Top Fiber Optic cable connects to your MODEM/Router. BUT i told him i DON'T want WiMax he replied me its not Wimax this is Wired Sir if you want we will provide you Phone and FAX feature also.....

I Hate WiMax Technology

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Yeah sure - i can assure you its not the WLL - it has got a wire!! In fact today in the evening, for a while the Phone line was dead.....i instantly knew that my Internet was also dead for sure. It was a temporary outage i suppose, coz the moment we called up the CC, in a few minutes, the line was restored.

So i want to say that the Phone and the Internet that come to my home - both are wired......but i am not sure about the main "Hub" like thing thats placed on our terrace - from where new connections are given in our Building. I dont know if it is connected via wires running across buildings or not.

You know why its down bcoz Signal issue thats why i hate WiMax. and yes your phone and MODEM connected to wire correct LOL just think from where these wire coming from one Wireless receiver or some Reliance ISP NODE.

NOTE: To Check Public IP go to What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address it will show your External IP.

I checked my IP - its 123.238.7.7

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

As regards that signal issue - it does not happen often......may be for a while, say 20-30 mins - and thats the delay taken by us in calling up their CC.....the moment we call up the CC, it gets restored immediately. And this phenomenon is not a regular kind of feature.
Since the start of November, this was the first time it happened!!

And the connection is strong in some of the worse weather conditions - its my experience....i am not trying to do "Unnecessary marketing" for them!!

Nice, one more thing can you configure your MODEM or Router like port forwarding you are using Static Ip right. If possible kinldy post screenshot of modem page. Really confused should i go for Reliance Wireless (UVR) tech. or stick to MTNL Delhi :(

Reliance people told me they will provide Wireless via WiMax, UVR and RF 1:4 ratio, where in UVR better signals strength and good amount of download and upload above 2Mbps, in normal WiMAx we can't provide more then 1 Mbps.

Pinging 123.238.7.7 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 123.238.7.7: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=115
Reply from 123.238.7.7: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=115

Ping statistics for 123.238.7.7:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 38ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 38ms

does reliance provide wirline /less broadband in chennai if yes kindly let me know plan and contact details!!!

Flame....

As i told you, theres no such thing like modem page for me.....its just that i have to login, and like any other place, here too, theres a welcome screen, with the email option, and some "Account" related settings - ie, not the Modem/Router related ones, and Bill pay options & such things.....

I dont have a router at all, which can be configured - as is the case in MTNL, where you login to that "192.168.1.1" to configure your router......

As regards choosing between Wireless or Wired - well i have said i can be sure that Wired one is giving nice performance. But for Wireless, i dont have much knowledge - you need to check up that thread for the pros and cons of Wireless Reliance connection.

But i didnt understand that ping stats u put up with respect to my IP......in fact i am ignorant as to what Pinging actually does!!

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Ok, bye for now!! I m gonna watch the match right now!!

@jymn2005:

If you authenticated via HTTP Login then you are on dynamic IP, to get rid of it get static IP after that they wil bind your MAC ID of your fist attached hardware Router/Modem/System NIC.

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for packets sent from the local host to a destination computer, including the local host's own interfaces.

Understood the Ping.....But didnt get the reason for having a Static IP........

If you go for Static IP then no need to Login every time to use internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back