Few questions about Reliance Wireline (Broadband) internet

• Thread starter Thread starter stirredo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 35,175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its something different that you have chosen......Coz i have 2 different connections at my home, and i have to Login into both......and its good for you - coz it is a minor bother with Reliance. You have to login everytime......if they are doing away with it, for new connections, then its good!!Alrite, just now noticed while i was posting - U are from Delhi.....may be they have some different thing over there!

What BTS(Base transceiver station) for. All wired connection connected via BTS? bcoz they told me like we are providing wired NET via BTS. As we know BTS for "A base transceiver station (BTS) or cell site is a piece of equipment that facilitates wireless communication between user equipment (UE) and a network. UEs are devices like mobile phones (handsets), WLL phones, computers with wireless internet connectivity, WiFi and WiMAX gadgets etc".

Base transceiver station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didnt get that exactly......coz you said its "Wired" service, and yet its through a device which facilitates "Wireless" communication??But about our connection, i am pretty sure - they have cables running across socities, and at the terrace of our building, they have a main "Hub" like thing (Dont know what they call it), through which, they give new connections to everyone in our Building.....And for every such connection, they attach a new wire.......so for my home at Ground floor, they brought down the wire all the way from the terrace to my home.......

Yes that main HUB is your wireless receiver which provide you all WiMax LOL, from that receiver you all connected. That receiver contact with your nearest BTS which means you all people using wirefree/WiMax not wired physically connected to any Reliance NODE.Reliance person confused me lot saying we providing you wired connection we just install one receiver on your terrace from there we connect your modem via Fiber-Optic. You can also configure your MTNL modem with this.

Is it??

Seriously, coz I was under the impression that even that is connected via wires running across buildings - just like the Cable TV wire.......

If thats the case, then it has to be a really powerful connection right?? Coz it never ever gets disturbed in the worst of Rains........

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

PS: When i said terrace, its the inside part of the terrace - ie, the passage that leads upto the terrace. So, it really has to be strong to sustain a continuous and high speed connection with the BTS.......

Don't know what wireless receiver they installed for so many users may be some powerful one. I assure you its not Wired connection its WiMaxOne thing why they mentioned WiMAx in Wired BroadBand category, actually what they do one Wireless Receiver on Roof-Top from that single Fiber-Optic cable goes to your PC or MODEM/Router. They call it wired connection or semi -wired connection LOLBTW on which plan you are static IP, what hardware they provided.

My old conneection (Still in use also) - They gave me Router, Landline (Both, coz i opted for landline), and the plan is - 300kbps, Rs. 500 (Dont remember the exact figure)) pm......and of course, Unlimited!!My new connection - Rs. 450pm, 300kbps, Unlimited - didnt want a second Landline here!!And Static IP - Havent got a clear idea on how to find my IP!! Coz my LAN shows 1 IP, then when i visit some site, it shows something different......so i m not clear as to which is the correct one to mention here.PS: Even if i knew, then mentioning it wouldnt be any security threat to me?? (I am not knowing this, thats why i have asked......pls dont take it as a Sarcasm :))

How can Jaymin's connection be Wimax? He has a landline with one of the connections.BTW, Jaymin is the landline and broadband delivered from the same cable or do you have separate incoming cables for each?

Same cable......1 Cable Runs into the Router, and the Phone is connected to the Router, as well as the PC is connected to it......So in effect, we cant switch off the Router - if we do that the phone goes flat!! As also, if the line is actually dead, then that implies the Internet too is down!!As regards the technology.....i am still not getting the actual thing - What flame said appears right, but then if thats right, then how strong the connection needs to be to be able to catch the signals consistently, at high speeds........PS: I am assuming you have read a few previous posts on how the technology works, which has been explained by Flame.

The point I am making is that the landline and broadband are being delivered to you via the same cable. I am not aware that Wimax is being used to deliver landlines to the home. I know WLL is being used for last mile connectivity but this is not the same is it? WLL is CDMA AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back