First Person Who Really Enoyed the Freedom MNP!!!??

• Thread starter Thread starter ammu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 28,116
Husshhh!! Finally i switched from Vodafone to Tata DoCoMo Network. Thanks MNP!!

Looks like he is the first in here who has completed the migration. Can you lay down the sequence of events on how the number got ported. It could be useful for other members

I Applied on 21 Jan 2010(Vodafone to Uninor).Today nothing happen? when it compleates?

A Max of 8 days as mentioned in the Prev Posts

I applied on 22nd Jan in TATA DoCoMo gallery F.C.Road Pune.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I got 1st SMS:: From DoCoMo on my Vodafone no. in just 1 Minute when i submitted the form to DoCoMo saying "Hi! Your MNP is registered successfully"
2nd SMS:: From DoCoMo Your Port in request request for mobile no. 9823XXXXXX to TATA Tele has been forwarded to your service provider Thanks You - Tata Tele.
3rd SMS:: From Vodafone IN Hello! We have received your Porting request VZXXXXX dated 22nd Jan 11. We will validate your request and revert on confirmation by 96hrs TAT from the time we received the request from MCH.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Today i.e. 26th Jan i got 4th SMS:: from DoCoMo says Welcome To Tata DoCoMo network and enjoy your freedom!! You can simply insert your DoCoMo SIM and enjoy Tata DoCoMo services. Thank you for choosing us.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Looks like he is the first in here who has completed the migration. Can you lay down the sequence of events on how the number got ported. It could be useful for other members

I applied on 22nd Jan in TATA DoCoMo gallery F.C.Road Pune.

I got 1st SMS:: From DoCoMo on my Vodafone no. in just 1 Minute when i submitted the form to DoCoMo saying "Hi! Your Mobile Number Portability is registered successfully"
2nd SMS:: From DoCoMo Your Port in request request for mobile no. 9823XXXXXX to TATA Tele has been forwarded to your service provider Thanks You - Tata Tele.
3rd SMS:: From Vodafone IN Hello! We have received your Porting request VZXXXXX dated 22nd Jan 11. We will validate your request and revert on confirmation by 96hrs TAT from the time we received the request from MCH.
Today i.e. 26th Jan i got 4th SMS:: from DoCoMo says Welcome To Tata DoCoMo network and enjoy your freedom!! You can simply insert your DoCoMo SIM and enjoy Tata DoCoMo services. Thank you for choosing us.

Here is my experience:On Monday(24-Jan), I went to BSNL CSC in Dooravani Nagar, Bangalore to port one of my Airtel number(used by my family member) to BSNL.SDE at CSC gave me a CAF form and Mobile Number Portability form. I filled all the details including UPC number I got from airtel for my porting request and gave a Passport size photo, copies of photo ID proof and address proof.I requested BSNL folks to give me 3G SIM and paid Rs.59/-(3G SIM cost)+Rs.58/-(FRC for [email protected] Saral Ananth plan).SDE was entering my details in their application in computer. there was a problem. usually BSNL folks assigns a set of SIM cards to a particular CSC for Mobile Number Portability and enters them in their application so that SDE can select a SIM serial number online, instead of manually entering the SIM serial number. but, the problem was that 3G SIM serial numbers were not being shown in their system and there is no provision to enter serial numbers in their Mobile Number Portability application.So, SDE told me to come in the evening to collect the SIM and application acknowledgment.I went to CSC on Tuesday and collected the 3G SIM and the application acknowledgment.Mean while, I got a call from Airtel yesterday. they asked me whether I gave a request for terminating Airtel connection. I said, yes I am moving to BSNL and gave a porting request. Airtel rep tried to convince me saying that, theirs is world class network, Airtel has wide network coverage, advance tech..blah..blah..blah and asked me why I was not happy with Airtel.I told following points:1)Airtel is costly. I am paying 60 paise for all STD calls to non airtel numbers. BSNL charges only 49 paise.for this Airtel rep told me about some 30 paise call charges plans. I told him those must be for local calls. he said yes. and then I told him that these discount plans will be valid for couple of months. he said yes.I asked him whether there are any plans that doesn't have time limit and offers cheaper call rates for STD calls. he said no.2)Airtel's customer care sucks!(I know BSNL's too. but atleast BSNL doesn't charge for calls to customer care!) and Airtel charges calls to customer care.Airtel rep said, they provide quality customer service. I laughed at him and told him that most of the time when I call customer care, I end up speaking to a person who doesn't know how to speak English and who won't understand my question. I told him that, most of the time I end up spending lot of time making the customer care person understand my question. Is that called quality of customer service. Airtel Rep tried to tell me that he will take a complaint and have it checked. I didn't agree for that.3)Airtel 3G is not available all over and its just available in Bangalore and its costly too.Airtel Rep tried to convince me that Airtel is going to launch 3G all over the circles where they have spectrum. he was not talking about 3G plans being costly.I asked him when you plan to cover all district headquarters in Karnataka and AP. he didn't had any answer and told that he doesn't have those details.I mentioned that Airtel 3G data usage during roaming doesn't count towards free 3G data that is available in my 3G data pack and it is chargeable. I also told him that BSNL doesn't do it this way. no answer for this.I told him that it would take ages for Airtel to match BSNL's wider 3G coverage.Airtel rep realized that he is running out of answers and asked me whether I would like to continue on airtel. I said no and disconnected the call.now, waiting for porting to happen..if all goes well and if I am happy about BSNL network, I will port my primary number to BSNL.

^ So they are giving all@49 plans for 3G? I was told for 3G port ins only General-120 plan is available!!

Even I am planning to migrate to BSNL... Let me know how it goes with you Mr Reddy. I also have the same question is all at 49 available for 3G?

Yes, [email protected] is available only as a FRC. infact, all FRCs mentioned at BSNL website are available for new customers who take BSNL connection and MNP customers porting into BSNL.
but, for existing BSNL 2G users migrating to BSNL 3G, only General120 plan is available.

at Indirangar BSNL CSC, even I was told that only General120 plan is available for new customers and was told that after recharging Rs.120/-, I can again recharge another FRC [email protected]. but, this wrong info.

[email protected] recharge for RS.58/- is a FRC. that means its the first recharge you do for selecting a plan after taking a prepaid SIM.

whoever tells you that only 120General is available as FRC for 3G, thats a wrong info and tell them to try Rs.58/-(or any other FRC that you like) and see if it works. it should work!

anyways, I will let you know how it goes in my case, once my number is activated on BSNL.

BSNL CSC SDE told me that I will have to call him after I get SMS from BSNL saying that number porting is done, so that he can recharge my number with the [email protected] FRC. he also promised me that he will keep checking the status daily and do the recharge himself. but, suggested me to call him incase, I need it immediately after porting is done. its reasonable, given that they can't recharge my number unless it becomes a BSNL number.

hey ammu edit ur thread, u r not a first person who use MNP. in haryana many peoples use MNP before u and very before, so edit ur post. next time think before start a thread.

Thanks Mr. Reddy. I will wait for your experience... Good to see a BSNL employee taking initiative to get the MNP done on your number..

Back