First Person Who Really Enoyed the Freedom MNP!!!??

• Thread starter Thread starter ammu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 28,116
NO, they dont have license for delhi circle. Although I would loved to have them one for delhi. :)

Thanks for the info.

Even I would like to see Docomo in Delhi.
They have really good call rates and plans !

guys, my MNP request has been successfuly accepted and my no. got ported to BSNL yesterday from Airtel. i had filled up forms and placed request on 31st jan 2011 and yesterday it has been ported. No issues as of now except calls are not coming from Reliance Nos.

NO, they dont have license for delhi circle. Although I would loved to have them one for delhi. :)

TATA Docomo do have 2G license for Delhi. It is just that they have not been given the necessary 4.4 MHz spectrum to operate till now. The situtation is that Delhi has only 11 Mhz spectrum vacant at the moment with 3-4 operators are waiting for the same to be assigned to them for starting their 2G service. So, now there is a decision pending with the government to decide which 2 operators has to be alloted first.

Thanks for the info.

Tata Docomo is at no. 1 in the queue as is in the news/reports, so if the govt. makes some decision then probably TATA Docomo are most likely to get the spectrum ahead of others.

errm. docomo does not have 3g rights for delhi! reliance vodafone and airtel won delhi ncr.

errm. docomo does not have 3g rights for delhi!

reliance vodafone and airtel won delhi ncr.

The original question was-

Hey I want to know one thing :

Is Tata Docomo available in Delhi ?

There is no specific mention of 3G/2G and the ques. is in Mobile Number Portability thread, so just clarified some facts which some people might not have info.

Thanks for the info.

There are many who want to port to Docomo for their reasonably good tariff/offers in 2G.

Also edited the previous post to specifically mention the 2G fact.

I applied for number portability about 20 days back from Airtel to Vodafone. From yesterday night 10pm, it seems my Airtel was disconnected so inserted Vodafone, it showed full network but could not make any calls nor could receive any calls with a message saying "this number does not exist".Today morning, I have started making calls from Vodafone but receiving calls from my wife's Airtel number whereas could not make call from MTNL landline. I was fed up with Airtel because of poor network in my office since last few months as apparently they have not paid money to Citimall Andheri, approx. 7 lacs for their tower due to which it has been removed. Also, foolish executives at their call centre is now legendary. Also other operator except Vodafone had zero network in Citimall so switched to Vodafone. Now not sure whether I would be able to top up online because somebody here posted his inability to do so online. My plan remains the same 1ps/second, want to check about data plans now. Any idea about 3G on vodafone?

I own Airtel which I have applied for porting to Reliance GSM.I sms'd on 22nd Jan gor UPC immediately, so far so, good, Then applied with Reliance gsm in mumbai, on 23rd Jan Sunday, was given the SIM, Today on 11th of Feb, I am still with Airtel.Now believe me, I didnt receive any call from Airtel to stay back, no sms from Airtel or reliance about any progress on porting. My UPC expired on 6th FEB, I am still waiting, as advised by rcom guys, as they say my application is under process.Sent email to both customer care, one says its being processed, and other says My number has been retained as per my request. Which means that Airtel is foul playing me about the retention story, whereas I have made no such request nor have I called customer care for the same and neither have receieved any such retention call from Airtel, Rcom GSM ppl are asking me to stay put and do nothing .I also visited a gallery of reliance yesterday, where I saw a customer care guy told me the whole process is in doldrums, and all their application are showing in process.Loos like someone does not reliance to get any customers.

Back