First Person Who Really Enoyed the Freedom MNP!!!??

• Thread starter Thread starter ammu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 28,116
I switched to Idea on 27th Jan 23:53.(vodafone to Idea)

@nuxer Are you receiving incoming calls from all networks? any problem facing after porting?

@nuxer
Are you receiving incoming calls from all networks?
What you mean?
any problem facing after porting?
Everything was fine. Got Rs.115 as talk time for free.

well, guys is it worth to switch to BSNL, as far as i know pre MNP launch users use to curse BSNL for their poor service and customer support. now after MNP people are switching to BSNL. its quite wearied :ishock:

@nuxerAfter I ported on to BSNL, I am having problem in receiving incoming calls from some networks. for eg: A Reliance customer calling me gets "Number doesn't exist" and similar was with uninor. But the uninor problem got solved yesterday. No such problems at your side? then great. :)

Two doubts here:If porting to BSNL with 3G , did you have to pay 120/- for the 3G general plan ? A friend ported ~un successfully from Vodafone to BSNL Kerala. He has been facing problems all along. 1. Vodafone SIM deactivated a few hours after the porting SMS.2. BSNL SIM NOT activated the next morning. 3. After complaints to the BSNL office, BSNL sim registered by 12 pm next day4. Incoming callers get the message : Mobile number does not exist5. Outgoing calls go through at some times.6. BSNL systems do not recognize the new port in number as a valid BSNL number! ( Many systems still rely on the number ranges to identify providers!! )7. Still getting promo sms from vodafone! 8. 3G general plan is active, but unable to access the BSNL UMTS network ( tried selecting the network manually )I don't think 10pm - 5am is enought time for all these kinks to be worked out!

@nuxer

After I ported on to BSNL, I am having problem in receiving incoming calls from some networks. for eg: A Reliance customer calling me gets "Number doesn't exist" and similar was with uninor. But the uninor problem got solved yesterday.

No such problems at your side? then great. :)

No such kind of problem for me. But another small problem here - "No way to find last call charge". BSNL not displaying last call charge of my Port -In number.

^^ I am facing most of the problems you listed on my ported BSNL 3G and surprisingly from Vodafone.Incoming - Number doesn't exist. But this has been rectified from most network. But Reliance customers still can't call me.No outgoing SMS Not hooking on to 3G network for more than 2 sec !!!

Back