Fivenet injecting ads into webpages

• Thread starter Thread starter cyanide
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 15,533
Apologies for persisting on this thread even though I don't have FiveNet, but the ads reappeared for me yesterday. They have a 'Close' link on them now and seem to come up less often, and on fewer sites. But they're still floating javascripts, and I can't see them on the page source, but I managed to block them with AdBlock's element hider.

The thing is, I keep getting 404 errors on various websites and that's what's bothering me the most. Apparently whenever these 404s come up, I see that "http://*.com/.mytest" was requested (hence the 404s). This gets resolved on a single refresh. I tried switching DNS servers and flushing the cache, no effect. I'd be glad if anyone can me tell me what's going on.

Tracert shows that my ISP is Syscon Infoway and I'm being routed through Tulip Connect.

CMIIW , but deep packet inspection is just a scanning method for shaping traffic , how does that inject scripts into webpages .. I am just curious ,thats all.

It is called Web Page Interception , Content Analysis & Content Injection using ICAP Server.

Back