Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,934
guyz i know the rule is to divide by 8, for measure of download speed. But, in this particular line the provider has told to divide by 10 only, as it will never go beyond that.

So, now the speed aint tht great - but how shall i complain? as speedtest is showing full 10mbps

https://www.speedtest.net

Also, any acclerator tht supports tabs like in IE8? Example: If there is a wallpaper download link i can open in the new tab and so on with every wallpaper without affecting main wallpaper homepage window...

In an unlimited Download Plan, I.e u have 10mbps so for browsing you will get the speeds up to 10mbps.
Download Speed: Actual Speed/8=10240/8=1280kbps That Equals 1.25mb/sec Download speed.

U Wont exact 10mbps Speeds, Its up to 10Mbps Actually.. I think What i have noticed on the five net site is that they told minimum Speeds would be 70% of the promised Speeds. So 7mbps is the minimum, Anything less than that Complain..

I hope u get it.. If u dont read Twice!

guyz i know the rule is to divide by 8, for measure of download speed. But, in this particular line the provider has told to divide by 10 only, as it will never go beyond that.

They can't redefine the mathematics to suit themselves. 2+2 will never equal 9832465, it will only ever equal 4 (unless you do some fun calculus with it, but that's beyond the simple multiplication we're talking about here). It's divide by 8 only.

So, now the speed aint tht great - but how shall i complain? as speedtest is showing full 10mbps

https://www.speedtest.net

Speedtest.net can show you the speed of your line - so you're clearly getting the advertised speed as far as Mumbai as concerned, but like with us, once your traffic leaves the network (and probably 95+% of it does, unless you're using DC++), the ISP unfortunately has ZERO control over speed and congestion (and nor does the TRAI regulate that you have to get 80% of your speed to the foreign server, only to the ISP node), which explains why you would only get 300-500kbyte/s to foreign servers but 10mbit/s to speedtest.net in Mumbai...

Also, any acclerator tht supports tabs like in IE8? Example: If there is a wallpaper download link i can open in the new tab and so on with every wallpaper without affecting main wallpaper homepage window...

I think DAP should support IE7/8, but you will have to add the file extensions of .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, .gif somewhere in the program options.

If you are getting 300-700 kbps for 800 odd rupees per month(with no FUP)... i guess you have no reason to complain.

i am a five net userbut i cannot connect to five net hub*** Connecting to 174.142.142.254...*** Connected This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.4.1.2 (UpTime: 8 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes / Users: 904)*** Welcome to Popeye Hub powered by DiXBoT v2.1 Build 3015 (12.30.10)Private message from Popeye: *** A new Poll by [ OperaTor ] is running and you have not yet participated. Type [ !poll ] here or in mainchat to view the question. Sorry ashish11 your IP Address: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is not allowed in this hub. You are being kicked because: IP: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is out of range i am getting the above errorplz help me

i am a five net user
but i cannot connect to five net hub
*** Connecting to 174.142.142.254...
*** Connected
This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.4.1.2 (UpTime: 8 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes / Users: 904)
*** Welcome to Popeye Hub powered by DiXBoT v2.1 Build 3015 (12.30.10)
Private message from Popeye: *** A new Poll by [ OperaTor ] is running and you have not yet participated. Type [ !poll ] here or in mainchat to view the question.
Sorry ashish11 your IP Address: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is not allowed in this hub.
You are being kicked because: IP: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is out of range

i am getting the above error
plz help me

The IP address (183.87.211.226) belongs to P4Networks, also known as Nivyah. You are not on Fivenet.

i am a five net user
but i cannot connect to five net hub
*** Connecting to 174.142.142.254...
*** Connected
This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.4.1.2 (UpTime: 8 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes / Users: 904)
*** Welcome to Popeye Hub powered by DiXBoT v2.1 Build 3015 (12.30.10)
Private message from Popeye: *** A new Poll by [ OperaTor ] is running and you have not yet participated. Type [ !poll ] here or in mainchat to view the question.
Sorry ashish11 your IP Address: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is not allowed in this hub.
You are being kicked because: IP: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is out of range

i am getting the above error
plz help me

I think local cable waala serves internet for you!

The IP address (183.87.211.226) belongs to P4Networks, also known as Nivyah. You are not on Fivenet.

he must have been confused.

15ashish1989: hows nivyah service? they have nice plans, but are they really worth trying? r u in navi mumbai(vashi)?

he must have been confused.

It's also possible his cablewala is cheating him by telling him he's on Fivenet and charging him Fivenet's tariffs, while actually delivering Nivyah service. It could happen to someone who doesn't know any better.

For your info. My cabelwallah is charging me 1000Rs, for one month & 2700Rs. for 3months, 10Mbps plan.

Second, after reading the above comments i suspect my connection can be nivyah too... Plz refer to screenshot it says P4.
http://img502.imageshack.us/i/nivyah.png/

The above page opens when i have to check my internet account info. If it's nivyah how to double confirm.

@ zigma i am frm kanjur marg(mumbai)256kbps @rs220512kbps@rs330@mgcarley then what should i do?should i ask my cablewala to give five net service?

Back