Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,937
hmmm.... okay leme catch those guys tomm.

BTW, how can i measure how much packet loss am i getting.... via command prompt what to type & any software tht automatically measure it?

ping is probably the easiest but not entirely accurate since it only generates a small amount of traffic. Most of the other network monitoring software is designed for linux or is commercial on windows. I can't even think of any open source windows tools off the top of my head right now.

well i am pinging with my current connection and i am getting as below:

Reply from 170.xx.xx.x bytes=xxxx time=2ms TTL=64

No mention of packets above

well i am pinging with my current connection and i am getting as below:

Reply from 170.xx.xx.x bytes=xxxx time=2ms TTL=64

No mention of packets above

When the pings finish it'll say "packets received/ packets lost" etc.

Which provider are you on now?

ATM, i am on 5network.... the ping reply never finishes it keeps on goin untill i close C.prompt window.... and there is no mention of packets tht way

Mgcarley,My connection is started.My provides is having fiber connection till the building opposite to me (Gone personally and checked). Now, he had pulled an Cat5 connection directly from the opposite building to mine.... Eliminating the switch in my building altogether...Now, is this connection seems to be right? - Please provide comment.My average download speeds are 300KB/s only..... But if i use download accelerator it jumps to 700KB/s for the same file. What is the solution here as i cant use DAP forever as it dont support tabs and other stuff. Also, i noted in sites like link-removed and other download speed reduces to 130Kb/s and in torrents average is 400Kb/s..... So yes speed is aint anywhere near 10MBPS, but close to 5MBPS...PS: My provider told me 10MBPS divide by 10 = actual download speed... I am getting 1MB, have i done the math correct

My average download speeds are 300KB/s only..... But if i use download accelerator it jumps to 700KB/s for the same file. What is the solution here as i cant use DAP forever as it dont support tabs and other stuff.
Use IDM.

Also, i noted in sites like link-removed and other download speed reduces to 130Kb/s
RS Premium or RS Free?

My provider told me 10MBPS divide by 10 = actual download speed... I am getting 1MB, have i done the math correct
That's BS. 10 Mbps = 10240 Kbps = 1280 KBps. Looks like you're confused between Kbps and KBps.

So, ya you're getting nowhere near 10 Mbps.

Mgcarley,

My connection is started.
My provides is having fiber connection till the building opposite to me (Gone personally and checked). Now, he had pulled an Cat5 connection directly from the opposite building to mine.... Eliminating the switch in my building altogether...
Now, is this connection seems to be right? - Please provide comment.

It's good enough.

My average download speeds are 300KB/s only..... But if i use download accelerator it jumps to 700KB/s for the same file. What is the solution here as i cant use DAP forever as it dont support tabs and other stuff.

There are other download managers.

Also, i noted in sites like link-removed and other download speed reduces to 130Kb/s and in torrents average is 400Kb/s.....

Rs (Free) is generally is slower. To experience the full benefits you'd need to get a paid account.

So yes speed is aint anywhere near 10MBPS, but close to 5MBPS...

PS: My provider told me 10MBPS divide by 10 = actual download speed... I am getting 1MB, have i done the math correct

10mbit/s is their burst speed. End of the day, 5mbit/s is nothing to laugh at considering the price at which they're giving it to you.

The correct division is 10mbit/s divided by 8 = about 1.25MByte/s.

Use IDM.

He is.

That's BS. 10 Mbps = 10240 Kbps = 1280 KBps. Looks like you're confused between Kbps and KBps.

I think that whoever told him to divide by 10 is as well :D That's why I write kbit/s and kbyte/s - there's no confusion :D

guyz i know the rule is to divide by 8, for measure of download speed. But, in this particular line the provider has told to divide by 10 only, as it will never go beyond that.

So, now the speed aint tht great - but how shall i complain? as speedtest is showing full 10mbps

https://www.speedtest.net

Also, any acclerator tht supports tabs like in IE8? Example: If there is a wallpaper download link i can open in the new tab and so on with every wallpaper without affecting main wallpaper homepage window...

guyz i know the rule is to divide by 8, for measure of download speed. But, in this particular line the provider has told to divide by 10 only, as it will never go beyond that.

:rofl:

So they have redefined bits and bytes?

Back