Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,930
looks like you have never been a customer of sify broadband :D

Weird !!

Now i am confused - there is a cablewala - then there is this middle layer weblink - then there is Fivenet

1) All three combined will decide the costing .....am i right ???
2) Okay who decided what speed i get - cable guy/weblink/fivenet ??
3) In case of any issue - whom do i call - cablewala/Weblink/Fivenet ??
4) What is current (aprx) pricing for 10Mbps and 2Mbps plans ?

Used sify ...looong time back ..that time i did not even know A B C of broadband, FUP and all other jing bang :)

So can anyone (Sushubh or any other fivenet user) help me understand the model and answer my queries ?

Weird !!

Now i am confused - there is a cablewala - then there is this middle layer weblink - then there is Fivenet

1) All three combined will decide the costing .....am i right ???
2) Okay who decided what speed i get - cable guy/weblink/fivenet ??
3) In case of any issue - whom do i call - cablewala/Weblink/Fivenet ??
4) What is current (aprx) pricing for 10Mbps and 2Mbps plans ?

Let me attempt to reply:
1. Your cablewalla will be the final authority on costing. He will quote to you.
2. Your speed will be limited by the weakest link in the chain. This will in all probability be the cablewalla.
3. First stop - cablewalla.
4. Totally in the hands of the cablewalla. I have read that customers get the same 5999 plan for anything between 7500 to 9000+ depending on the benevolence of Mr. Cablewalla.

Thanks a lot guys for all the feedback and knowledge sharing.
I finally got the Fivenet connection today
Few points to note for other who are following this thread

1) Cost is decided by cable guy :p - 8k for annual 10 Mbps connection (instead of 6k mentioned on Fivenet website)
2) First 2 days its a free trial at 1Mbps speed (screenshots attached below) ...will post the actual screenshot on saturday
3) installation was very quick ..called them yesterday ..the engineer came today and the cat 5 cabling was done in less than 1 hour
4) yet to test the full capability of DC++ ...
5) No cablewala involved in my scenario - weblink (my provider) only provides internet .,..and directly coordinates with Fivenet ..so 1 less party in the whole loop

Overall its seems to be better than what i had till yesterday - because it has NO FUP !!!

@soodgautam - lucky guy. Keep posting your experience in this thread after a week, month, 3 months, etc.I unfortunately cannot avail of their services because of the obstinacy of my cablewala and Rajnet's (Fivenet's local distributor) disinclination to take him on but others may benefit.

We get it that you want Fivenet - but multiple posts about the same thing in different threads ? :)

Posting the solution again

1) Use this link - Five Network Solutions India Ltd to search for cable wala in your area
2) Talk to your neighbour's cablewala and try to figure out who provides internet in that area

What is the 10mbps new Tariff now.. including Taxes and Maintenance charges? 16k Per annum or more than that??

I have been quoted Rs. 1800 per month for this 10 mbps plan. Does it still exist? And do you think I am being overcharged for the same?

I have been quoted Rs. 1800 per month for this 10 mbps plan. Does it still exist? And do you think I am being overcharged for the same?
Don't you think its too much? 1800 Bucks for an 4-7mbps broadband?

Price on the website is 1299. I think Rs 1500 would be the final price per month inc taxes and maintenance charges. Who's that idiot who's charging 1800?

dude 10mbps is 2500/mth in dadar & hovers between 2500-3000 in south mumbai. the cablewalla decides the price. not fivenet.

Back