Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,930
Hey zigma,Yes i sorted out, now my internet is getting autoreconnect..... but now how to auto reconnect the DC+ Hub ?I have ticked mark reconnect box in the fav tab - but it doesnt seem to be workin... This 2Gb limit is drivin me crazy, have to sit on my chair for hours :-(

Mgcarley,Buddy right from the first day i took this connection, i cant connect with my dialer on 1st attempt.In the dialer i have saved my my username & password, and whenever i try to connect, i get the error 691 (username & password is incorrect). Then i have to keep on redialing and after 5-10 attempts i get connected...At first the cablewallah was telling me it is a problem from their server and will be solved soon, now after 20 days they are telling me your PC has virus! as the internet is gettting connected eventually... They now cant do anything and i am left with no option but to change my provider!Do you have clue on what steps can i do from my side to solve the problem. (if any)PS: Norton 2010 here and am sure there is no virus.

Mgcarley,

Buddy right from the first day i took this connection, i cant connect with my dialer on 1st attempt.
In the dialer i have saved my my username & password, and whenever i try to connect, i get the error 691 (username & password is incorrect). Then i have to keep on redialing and after 5-10 attempts i get connected...

At first the cablewallah was telling me it is a problem from their server and will be solved soon, now after 20 days they are telling me your PC has virus! as the internet is gettting connected eventually... They now cant do anything and i am left with no option but to change my provider!

Do you have clue on what steps can i do from my side to solve the problem. (if any)

PS: Norton 2010 here and am sure there is no virus.

That sounds like quite a bizarre problem.

Step 1 would be to replace Norton 2010 with something else - it's probably the least favourite security suite of the technology world.
Step 2 would be to see if you can obtain another machine (a laptop? friend, family, neighbour?) and see if that works any better (might as well eliminate all the possibilities) using the same username and password.
Step 3 would be to try a Broadband router which could take care of the PPPoE dialling up/authentication for you - if THAT doesn't connect, it's almost definitely not a virus.
Step 4... If the error is an authentication one, one must wonder: is your username and password being used somewhere else (illicitly)? It's sometimes hard to tell, especially in India.
Step 5... well, from there I guess it depends.

hehe. i heard Norton 2010 is a pretty solid product. in any case... here are my two recommendations.Microsoft Security Essentials if you are running a legit OSPanda Cloud Antivirus in any case.

hehe. i heard Norton 2010 is a pretty solid product.
Norton 2011 is very good. I'm using its 90 day trial version since few days and it's cool. But, I wouldn't prefer Norton over NOD32. NOD32 is the baap (father) of all anti-virus softwares. I'm saying this after doing lot of research and trying out almost all anti-virus softwares.

Mgcarley, I clean formatted my HDD, installed no antivirus.... Still same problem. I also changed the login password, and other mumbo jumbo... the problem countinues..Plz plz tellme how to make my illiterate cablewallah understand that this is his fault :(PS: Man I wish you start your services quickly.

Plz plz tellme how to make my illiterate cablewallah understand that this is his fault :(

PS: Man I wish you start your services quickly, especially in sion!

I dunno. Piece of 2x4 to the head? (That is a joke, BTW).

It depends if it's him or Fivenet itself that authenticates you. AFAIK, Fivenet has 3 or 4 account management servers on different IPs, some of which manage multiple cable operators.

Sadly, Sion is a long-shot at the moment - probably because of your cablewala (or at least one of his mates/relatives - there seems to be an awful lot of guys named Singh operating cablewalas in Sion... I assume that they're all related, so perhaps this is how they are having a stranglehold on the area).

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Try talking to Fivenet directly. Maybe they can see in some logfile why you are not being correctly authenticated.

Called 5Net office... they informed me there is no customer service from their end, and i should call my provider. After repeated attempts, they denied to help me. Hence i called my operator again, and they started abusing me !!! For what reason? for asking them to solve the problem.... I guess i have to change my provider and to my dismay there is only one other provider in my area, and he is shabby too!You have any idea, how is the wired connection of RIL & Tata.... i need countinous connection with zero downtime due to nature of work.

Called 5Net office... they informed me there is no customer service from their end, and i should call my provider. After repeated attempts, they denied to help me. Hence i called my operator again, and they started abusing me !!! For what reason? for asking them to solve the problem.... I guess i have to change my provider and to my dismay there is only one other provider in my area, and he is shabby too!

You have any idea, how is the wired connection of RIL & Tata.... i need countinous connection with zero downtime due to nature of work.

...if Sach92 is to be believed, Reliance is the second best company on the face of the earth, after Du (in UAE). Take that however you like.

Other than that, there seems to be quite an exodus of customers migrating from Airtel to Reliance, so they can't be doing a completely awful job.

Hey Mgcarley, i thank you for your support.1] Now, I am calling Relaince from the last 1month and they aint sending any person to my place for the feasibility check, called them again yesterday and assured me will call back in 48Hrs., Now i wonder when they dont even come for a new connection, will they come after sales when some problem occur! I highly doubt that....2] Secondly, i got 3 calls from TATA internet ppl - If i require their connection. You have idea hows their connection?3] Does RIL or TATA have their own sharing hub on DC++ ? And, can i access 5networks popeye hub if i take RIL/TATA connection... ?

Back