Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,930
Hey Mgcarley, i thank you for your support.

1] Now, I am calling Relaince from the last 1month and they aint sending any person to my place for the feasibility check, called them again yesterday and assured me will call back in 48Hrs., Now i wonder when they dont even come for a new connection, will they come after sales when some problem occur! I highly doubt that....

2] Secondly, i got 3 calls from TATA internet ppl - If i require their connection. You have idea hows their connection?

3] Does RIL or TATA have their own sharing hub on DC++ ? And, can i access 5networks popeye hub if i take RIL/TATA connection... ?

1. Yeah, I've experienced the same. Tried getting a connection in Chembur, they never bothered calling back. That's why I said that you can take his word however you like. I guess once it's there it's OK, but maybe some people experience it well, others have an awful experience.

2. Like many things, I think it depends entirely on your location etc. They were OK in Dadar. They have a good leased line business but they dont seem to make many waves in the consumer side.

3. Not as far as I know neither are set up to deal with DC++ - again, depends on your area, but I think the primary delivery method is DSL (you could use the same modem as you were for MTNL in that case). As far as I know, popeye is closed and only accessible from Fivenet connections, so probably not.

Update:I got the problem solved! i got hold of a person working for the operator... requested him and he was kind enough to invest some time of his, in solving my problem. BTW, even after so many repeated calls... still no call from Reliance BB for a possible new connection.Another trouble:In youtube videos, if i select HD videos.... internet traffic stops for 30sec-1min.... then the video loads normally. Now, why the internet stops for this short duration? I have installed a gadget and confirmed that this is happening... Any thing i can tweak from my side? I also would like to say, that if i open the video directly in HD resolution, then it loads normally. So the problem only occurs if i open the video in SD and click to HD later on....

I heard SSV providing this plan for Rs.7500/- (incl. TAX and LMC)Is it true?If it is true then I would have to shift back to Fivenet

I do not have ISP license otherwise I will take connection and share it among my society members.Just kiding... Fivenet is not available in my state

Okay ...i have finally tracked the cablewala providing fivenet to my building

Five Network Solutions India Ltd
6)Weblink,
Plot No 186, Shop No 2, Ratan Palace,
Garodia Nagar, Near Union Bank of India,
Ghatkopar (E), Mumbai - 400 077.
Tel : 25063538 / 22911032

Which is the best plan they have ...monthly budget of 2000

Okay ...i have finally tracked the cablewala providing fivenet to my building

Five Network Solutions India Ltd
6)Weblink,
Plot No 186, Shop No 2, Ratan Palace,
Garodia Nagar, Near Union Bank of India,
Ghatkopar (E), Mumbai - 400 077.
Tel : 25063538 / 22911032

Which is the best plan they have ...monthly budget of 2000

yeah go for it.. It will cost you 900/- Per month i guess!

@soodgautam - as you may have gathered from techfreek's reply, the pricing posted on Fivenet's website is meaningless. It is actually controlled by your local cablewalla and not Fivenet. So you have no option but to call Weblink first. There will then need to be a business tieup between Weblink and your cablewalla. Then you get your quote.

Weird !!Now i am confused - there is a cablewala - then there is this middle layer weblink - then there is Fivenet1) All three combined will decide the costing .....am i right ???2) Okay who decided what speed i get - cable guy/weblink/fivenet ??3) In case of any issue - whom do i call - cablewala/Weblink/Fivenet ??4) What is current (aprx) pricing for 10Mbps and 2Mbps plans ?

Back