Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,930
Techmute,

The DL speed is 400Kb/s average N' Streming is gud. I got this plan a week before and just got DC once...
I say go for 1month and see hows the service u getting from ur cable operator. Monthly its INR 1,000.

Thanx Craig.
As far as service is concerned..my cable operator is decent..i hv been using fivenet frm quite a long time and i have faced a few issues which were resolved quickly..only trouble is u hv to be behind them so that they send a technician..usually within a day the prob gets resolved out.

WTF when i'm i going to get these speeds stuck with MTNL

Can any1 tellme how to setup "DC++" ?I have downloaded and installed the software, but i wonder what settings i have to do inorder to get it to work...Please guide me....Also, shall i be using Popeye Hub OR DC++, whts the difference.

Can any1 tellme how to setup "DC++" ?

I have downloaded and installed the software, but i wonder what settings i have to do inorder to get it to work...

Please guide me....

Also, shall i be using Popeye Hub OR DC++, whts the difference.

watch this
- Part 1 (Tutorial on how to @ Popeye Hub) by mRaCTIVE8.mp4[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mgcarley,Is their really anything like 2GB capping on DC++ by 5network?I am getting DC every 2GB and sumtime after 1.5Gb, the message i am getting is:An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote hostAny workarounds ?

Mgcarley,

Is their really anything like 2GB capping on DC++ by 5network?

I am getting DC every 2GB and sumtime after 1.5Gb, the message i am getting is:
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Any workarounds ?

I wasn't made aware of it until Zigma pointed it out, and now you. My Mrs hasn't noticed anything that she's told me about either, but then she probably wouldn't notice if she's downloaded 2GB since the last disconnect.

If it is true that the service disconnects after 2GB, then unfortunately this doesn't bode well for their services!

I can't say for sure, and I'm not going to claim that I can authoritatively say anything specific about their service, but maybe they're beginning to feel the crunch of their high-speed offerings at the prices they're giving them at, and they've now priced themselves in to a corner, so perhaps this is how they're managing their traffic (some computers don't auto-reconnect?).

Who knows? I can merely speculate.

Mgcarley i tried using auto-reconnect by using, broadband connection -> properties -> options -> Redial 3 seconds. But it doesnt seems to work and i am not getting automatically reconnected.... I dunno if any such settings can be made inside DC++ software as i havent found any.... Anyways, do you know if DC++ download speed is dependent on the internet plan taken? Example: If sumbody have taken 1MBPS Line, his DL wont exceed 1MB on DC++.... ?

Mgcarley i tried using auto-reconnect by using, broadband connection -> properties -> options -> Redial 3 seconds. But it doesnt seems to work and i am not getting automatically reconnected.... I dunno if any such settings can be made inside DC++ software as i havent found any....

So it's a PPPoE connection from Windows' Dial Up Networking that you have to use to connect? Maybe you should set the redial time to 60 seconds.

Anyways, do you know if DC++ download speed is dependent on the internet plan taken?
Example: If sumbody have taken 1MBPS Line, his DL wont exceed 1MB on DC++.... ?

My understanding is that the speed is "LAN speed" between Fivenet users, however some users on some cablewalas have different experiences to others, so... yeah.

Mgcarley i tried using auto-reconnect by using, broadband connection -> properties -> options -> Redial 3 seconds. But it doesnt seems to work and i am not getting automatically reconnected.... I dunno if any such settings can be made inside DC++ software as i havent found any....

I guess you did not check the checkbox that says "redial if line is drop" redial works fine for me. BTW DC++ reconnects on its own..use strongDC++ or peerweb

Back