Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,931
I'm sure after taking this plan people would go crazy and download too much stuff.... But, say after 2-3 months their hunger for download would be less and they might do normal work on net like social networking, sending mails, chat, etc.

Saurabh...Yes, thats exactly they must be hoping for - that most of the people will download insanely in first few months, and then will not download as much. Only a few people will be left, who will keep on downloading.....

this plan is already showing its colours...ppl complaining that download speed frequently falls to 100 kbps...though this is far more cheaper than any other existing ISP....Carley knows whos his biggest rival in mumbai and surroundings. :D

this plan is already showing its colours...ppl complaining that download speed frequently falls to 100 kbps...though this is far more cheaper than any other existing ISP....Carley knows whos his biggest rival in mumbai and surroundings. :D

This is unfortunate news, although not entirely surprising.

As I understand it, the speeds within the network (on any plan) are quite decent but it appears that they've bitten off more than they can chew here by offering 10mbit/s unlimited at this price.

I fear however, that this may re-enforce the viewpoint of some of the ISPs that I've spoken to whereby providing over 1 or 2mbit/s to home users is largely unnecessary and infeasible to do on a wide-scale at a reasonable price.

Besides, I wouldn't really call FiveNet our biggest rival. If anything, I'd rather work with them, rather than against them, perhaps even forming a consortium to buy even more bandwidth as a team in order to increase our discounts.

Despite many things, I would consider Airtel to be more of a threat than anyone else: as they own a large percentage of the international capacity, when we do pose a proper competitive threat, they are probably the only ones who could counter our offerings and get away with it (I doubt BSNL would, even if it could)... not that this is necessarily a bad thing - it might just cause 20, 30, 50mbit/s unlimited at reasonable rates (Rs2k-3k) to become a reality in India!

This is unfortunate news, although not entirely surprising.
Despite many things, I would consider Airtel to be more of a threat than anyone else: as they own a large percentage of the international capacity, when we do pose a proper competitive threat, they are probably the only ones who could counter our offerings and get away with it (I doubt BSNL would, even if it could)... not that this is necessarily a bad thing - it might just cause 20, 30, 50mbit/s unlimited at reasonable rates (Rs2k-3k) to become a reality in India!

fivenet have already crossed 25000 mark in the city.

fivenet have already crossed 25000 mark in the city.

Irrespective - firstly, I'm looking at millions and secondly, FiveNet doesn't have it's own international gateway.

This was never a 10mbps plan but an UPTO 10mbps one. And most other providers can't provide a constant 1mbps connection at these prices, so why are we complaining?

This was never a 10mbps plan but an UPTO 10mbps one. And most other providers can't provide a constant 1mbps connection at these prices, so why are we complaining?

Irrespective, a little truth in advertising would be nice for a change. If the connection is supposed to have the potential to reach 10mbit/s, it would be nice to see it come even somewhere close, say 8mbit/s.

Otherwise it needs to be advertised as what it is: something like 1mbit/s with a burst speed of up to 10mbit/s...

They only operate in Mumbai, it's not available in Kerala.

Ya right said and this plan is also not shocking one to me because Airtel already has 16 mbps at just 4999

Back