Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,932
Ya right said and this plan is also not shocking one to me because Airtel already has 16 mbps at just 4999

Airtel has a 16mbit/s plan at 4,999 per month, with a transfer limit of something like 100 gigabytes (per month). This 5,999 is supposed to be for 1 year (advance payment), which works out to under Rs600 per month. That's why this was newsworthy.

However, if, as Zigma says, the actual quality of the connection is not so good (slow), then there's not much incentive to get it... though it *might* be possible to get speeds of up to 10mbit/s at 3am, no-one can accurately predict if or when this would happen, if at all, it may not be worth doing, unless you're like me and are up at 3am (ok, currently it's 0257 where I am).

0257? where..in jalgaon?

At the time it was 2.57am where I was... why would I be in Jalgaon?

Those speedtests indicate that they are providing the mentioned speeds, atleast for now. So its useless to speculate whether they will provide it in the future.Uploads are a little slow which will probably mess up your ratios on torrent sites. Its an great plan and i dont think we will get these kind of speeds by next diwali at these prices ie 500rs pm for 10mbps.

Those speedtests indicate that they are providing the mentioned speeds, atleast for now. So its useless to speculate whether they will provide it in the future.

Admittedly I'm surprised considering the only other review for this plan suggested it wasn't very good, but the person I spoke to insisted that he gets similar speeds even during peak hours. Interestingly, he is using a trial account with his cablewalas login credentials or something so whether or not this would be given to a normal retail user remains to be seen - for all we know, the cablewala gets better guarantees on his bandwidth because this is his selling tool.

Uploads are a little slow which will probably mess up your ratios on torrent sites.

Actually it's comparable to ADSL (a fairly predominant technology worldwide), so it won't mess up your ratios unless you're one of those dickhead "drive-by" leechers who only leaves his torrents seeding whilst it is also downloading and then turns it off and deletes it from the queue once it hits 100%

Its an great plan and i dont think we will get these kind of speeds by next diwali at these prices ie 500rs pm for 10mbps.

I agree. Assuming that retail customers get this kind of bandwidth, it is indeed awesome. I'm trying to determine the economic feasibility of offering such a plan.

Do they provide service in Juhu? This is so tempting I would love to apply right away but is this a good deal? like a trusted one with good service? or it's just like tikona?

Do they provide service in Juhu?
This is so tempting I would love to apply right away but is this a good deal? like a trusted one with good service? or it's just like tikona?

Fivenet customers seem to be a satisfied bunch on the whole. @saaket on twitter swears by them.

At the time it was 2.57am where I was... why would I be in Jalgaon?

aaha....0257 is std code of jalgaon..lol leave it.. ;)

and one more thing..some mumbains are lucky having you as isp.i would be more than happy even if speed would have been 5mbps with speed bursts upto 10mbps ;)

aaha....0257 is std code of jalgaon..lol leave it.. ;)

and one more thing..some mumbains are lucky having you as isp.i would be more than happy even if speed would have been 5mbps with speed bursts upto 10mbps ;)

I'm not a representative for Fivenet, nor in any way associated with them. Just that I am now part of the Indian Broadband industry allows me certain knowledge about pricing and who has what going where. As for my company, I look forward to actually launching and expanding in to a number of other cities nationwide very, very soon with plans up to 100mbit/s flat-rate (though this is currently anticipated to be a bit more than Rs6k per year).

Back