Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 61,934
1 mbps is more than enough for me.i download about ,say 200 gb monthly.most of what i download,i dont get to use it.So even though my cable op wants me to take the 10mb service with 6k a year ,without anything extra,i am not interested.

At the end of the day it seems that it would end up costing you about the same - Rs550 a month or so, so why not opt for the faster plan.

How much more is your power bill going to be because you are leaving your computer on 18 hours a day? Why not spend what works out to be almost the same amount for a connection with speeds 10x as fast so that you don't end up paying so much to BMC/Reliance/Tata/whoever your power co is?

What extra could they offer you? Even if their 10mbit/s connection was twice or triple the price of the 1mbit/s connection, I think the time-savings alone would be worth the upgrade.

Besides, if you're download 200GB a month and not using most of it, then that's just wasteful, in which case, why even bother? You might as well be on a data-plan and then you might actually use the connection in a responsible fashion.

At the end of the day it seems that it would end up costing you about the same - Rs550 a month or so, so why not opt for the faster plan.

How much more is your power bill going to be because you are leaving your computer on 18 hours a day? Why not spend what works out to be almost the same amount for a connection with speeds 10x as fast so that you don't end up paying so much to BMC/Reliance/Tata/whoever your power co is?

What extra could they offer you? Even if their 10mbit/s connection was twice or triple the price of the 1mbit/s connection, I think the time-savings alone would be worth the upgrade.

Besides, if you're download 200GB a month and not using most of it, then that's just wasteful, in which case, why even bother? You might as well be on a data-plan and then you might actually use the connection in a responsible fashion.

good point,but my power bill is covered,so i dont have a limit as such there.On the other hand i pay for the internet,from my pocket.Plus i dont need keep my machine On for 18 hours a day.8-9 hours max,that is when i am working on it simultaneously.

yes i know about downloading 200 gb and not using.I plan to watch all of it someday,but never get the time,and i end up deleting it.sometimes i do pass it on to others,but its that illogical human in me who is optimistic about being able to use the data,one fine day,lol

good point,but my power bill is covered,so i dont have a limit as such there.On the other hand i pay for the internet,from my pocket.Plus i dont need keep my machine On for 18 hours a day.8-9 hours max,that is when i am working on it simultaneously.

Lucky for you that your power bill is covered - it would be nice if we all had that luxury. I'm sure your parents would appreciate a bit of relief from paying your power bill.

I also know from simple mathematics that if you're downloading on a 1mbit/s connection, then 8-9 hours a day = 100GB.

yes i know about downloading 200 gb and not using.I plan to watch all of it someday,but never get the time,and i end up deleting it.sometimes i do pass it on to others,but its that illogical human in me who is optimistic about being able to use the data,one fine day,lol

So, assuming that the 1mbit/s and the 10mbit/s connections are priced approximately the same, why not take the faster one? Having a faster connection does have uses other than piracy, you know.

Lucky for you that your power bill is covered - it would be nice if we all had that luxury. I'm sure your parents would appreciate a bit of relief from paying your power bill.

I also know from simple mathematics that if you're downloading on a 1mbit/s connection, then 8-9 hours a day = 100GB.

So, assuming that the 1mbit/s and the 10mbit/s connections are priced approximately the same, why not take the faster one? Having a faster connection does have uses other than piracy, you know.

i am more anti-piracy now than before.maybe thats the reason i think this 1mbps is enough for me

there used to be a time when i started off with 40kbps dialup connection.and i wanted faster,i went to 64 kbps narrowband...still i wanted faster,then it was 128kps.

we joked around among friends..no matter how fast the connections come in,we would never be satisfied.

from 128 i jumped to 256 then to 512 and now 1mb

and now i feel for the first time that i dont need a faster connection,considering my ability to use the data...

same here. i am pretty satisfied with my 1mbps line. even though things are frustrating at times. like when a particular youtube video would not stream properly. or a download server is being an ass. :(

i am more anti-piracy now than before.maybe thats the reason i think this 1mbps is enough for me

there used to be a time when i started off with 40kbps dialup connection.and i wanted faster,i went to 64 kbps narrowband...still i wanted faster,then it was 128kps.

we joked around among friends..no matter how fast the connections come in,we would never be satisfied.

from 128 i jumped to 256 then to 512 and now 1mb

and now i feel for the first time that i dont need a faster connection,considering my ability to use the data...

Once again, if the price is approximately the same, why would you not take the faster connection? Just because you have a faster line, doesn't mean you have to saturate it for every minute that your computer is on. Even when I had 100mbit/s unlimited in Finland I would barely touch 400GB a month.

The point of the super-speed lines are so that they're there and available for you to download things quickly without having to wait for hours and hours - whether you're a heavy user or not - think of it as an increase in efficiency, rather than in usage.

After all, petrol costs you the same whether you're on an expressway or stuck in traffic at Dharavi just off the Mahim-Sion link road.

same here. i am pretty satisfied with my 1mbps line. even though things are frustrating at times. like when a particular youtube video would not stream properly. or a download server is being an ass. :(
yes the HD quality videos....

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Once again, if the price is approximately the same, why would you not take the faster connection? Just because you have a faster line, doesn't mean you have to saturate it for every minute that your computer is on. Even when I had 100mbit/s unlimited in Finland I would barely touch 400GB a month.

The point of the super-speed lines are so that they're there and available for you to download things quickly without having to wait for hours and hours - whether you're a heavy user or not - think of it as an increase in efficiency, rather than in usage.

After all, petrol costs you the same whether you're on an expressway or stuck in traffic at Dharavi just off the Mahim-Sion link road.

and you have successfully managed to change my mind..damn..i am calling the cable op lol..and telling him to convert my package.. :D

and you have successfully managed to change my mind..damn..i am calling the cable op lol..and telling him to convert my package.. :D

Heh. I guess Fivenet owe me a beer, then ;)

Heh. I guess Fivenet owe me a beer, then ;)
you do that for hayai,and they would make you their marketing chief lol :D

someone explain that to airtel who are charging a fortune for high speed packages with a minor bump in download limits. 400 rupees for 1GB at 16mbps. MY ASS.

Back