• Thread starter Thread starter Chinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 30,701

Chinmay

Fivenet Lover
ISP
Fivenet+ Hathway
Fivenet has launched new plans from this month.

Its really time to say GUDBYE to MTNL forever as I did
Just have a look at it-
FIVENETWORK BROADBAND PLANS (Chinmay)

Download BROADBAND PLANS.doc from FileFactory.com

I m with as384 plan paying 600 Rs./month.(It includes cablewallah's commission of 200 Rs); may be in ur area rates will be cheaper.

This plan is much better than MTNL's 256 UL plan which comes for 999Rs.
Also in lan I can download at speeds upto 100mBps(its not mbps its mBps)

Wake up guyz, give a tight slap to MTNL.

I left MTNL and joined fivenet 1 week ago.

Contact ur cable operators to get ur hands on it.

Look initial charges r high but its lifetime maintenance free commitment.

And may be it'll prevent some of the genuine users from getting flattered bills like I got last month of 10k Rs from MTNL.

I hate MTNL, MTNL sucks!!!:mad:
Proud be a fivenet user!:happy:

dude you've posted a lan link. only people from your lan can access that page.

you will need to copy-paste them here for us to see it.

----------

dude you've posted a lan link. only people from your lan can access that page.

you will need to copy-paste them here for us to see it.

Anyone please convert to .png file and upload on imageshack for direct viewing

Well Chinmay, Five nets plans r good considering the cost but at least for me MTNL is the best. Currently MTNL is suffering from "April Problems" but they would get sorted out soon.And in late 2009 MTNL would be launching the Fiber to Residential service so that would obviously be high speed internet and this was said by J. Gopal Executive Director MTNL Mumbai in DNA newspaper dated 17th May 09 on World Telecom Day.MTNL hai to sahi hai.:thumb::dance:And some of the plans of Five net listed below (Unlimited ones).SPEED(Up to) Rs. per month384 kbps 400768 kbps 10001250 kbps 25002048 kbps 4000

@ rohaan, late 2009 means 1 year to go from now... ;)

@ chinmay,can u tell that what technology is involved in five netthe cable that comes to your house is a co-axial cable or a cat5 cable? if its a co-axial cable, then which modem? how much is the installation cost?also when u want to use the internet do u have to login from some dialer or its automatic (always ON connection)?

Till box cable is fibre optic; from box(called switch in particular) to lan card CAT5 cable is there.No stupidity called ADSL modem. (Dont start discussion on which is the best ADSL modem in market??)Installation Charges-Rs. 1500/-(in my area)It can vary between 800 to 1500 area to area, my friend in kurla paid Rs. 800/- for installation.Download speed(http)=10%+ sync speed= 420 kbps appx.(Note- not like MTNL where they dont account for 10% line losses, MTNL users who r on 256UL in delhi/mumbai get speeds upto 230 only)I get sometimes 55-60 kBps in downloads from MS and download CNET servers.Download speed(LAN)=10-100MBps(Note its not Mbps its MBps, depending upon d other user distance from ur place)Im more than 100% satisfied with Fivenet.What can I say about MTNL??1.People still using copper wires that were installed underground some decades ago may be when my dad was trying to get a govt job. And use splitters to separate Voice and data.2.MTNL babus still dont carry crimping tool when they come for broadband installation.3. People are ready to pay separately for Modem Charges(Onetime+ monthly recurring); Installation cum booking charges; Monthly charges for surfing they do(Note- U have to restrict urself from downloading since its only 400MB free(now its 500 MB); and how can I forget 12.36% Service Tax.(Although Govt revised S.T. MTNL still take 12.36%, wtf??)4.And we say ADSL2+ can provide speeds upto 24Mbps( its surely Mbps not MBps)

@rachit_1804, according to MTNL's director he said in 2009, so it could be either on 15 Aug 09 or 31 Dec 09 or 26 Jan 10. Either of the dates, as all r govt.'s favorite ones.:rofl:

Back