Fivenet's New Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Chinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 30,701
In fivenet disconnections r due "2 GB download policy".After every 2 gb download, service gets disconnected which is restored on redialing.If auto redial option is enabled, theres no problem both in LAN as well as in torrents.@Rachit,If ur looking for downloads over torrents, stay away from fivenet:P;But LAN due to well built structure of LAN and users' quality content, I never had to use torrents here; From A streetcar Named Desire(1952) to latest movie X-men-3 Wolverine(2009), everything is available over here.If anything still misses out, one has d option of torrent and link-removed.PAR KABHI ZAROORAT NAHI PADA!USS256: 256 kbps to 3 mbps, 150 MB/day, night unltd (9 p.m. to 9 a.m.) in this plan Night unlimited(9to9) speed is capped to 256kbps; so as384kbps has advantage over this plan.And LAN speeds are same for all d plans, whether its 100 Rs.p/m or 2 Mbps unlimited @ 4000 Rs.p/mI m quite satisfied with as384 plan @ 400 bucks.UPDATE- this plan is available in Kurla/sion region for 350 bucks.

Though your plans are good and also Mtnl facing some problems. I would still remain intact with Mtnl:happy:

----------

Does your fivenet have a website or not?

ok so i hear good things about fivenet. right now MTNL is f**king people over by charging any amount they want to. is fivenet reliable though? i want to subscribe to a cheap plan to use during the day and use my MTNL night unlimited at night. during the day the MTNL modem will be disconnected and only on the 30th of every month i'll check usage and use up my 1.25 GB in one sitting. so what all can i expect from say the 384 kbps unlimited plan?

Their plans are good. But don't know how much they are reliable.

----------

@Chinmay. What's the installation charges?

Their plans are good. But don't know how much they are reliable.

----------

@Chinmay. What's the installation charges?

After three years of being part of the 'Sify sufferers club' I don't want to risk any internet connection which involves the local cable wallah in our area. So i have to suffer MTNL & hope they solve the problem or look at Reliance or Airtel. In fact I am deeply suspicious of any biz model which involves the cable wallah or his type who will just not be having the wherewithal to provide tech support

In fivenet disconnections r due "2 GB download policy".
After every 2 gb download, service gets disconnected which is restored on redialing.
If auto redial option is enabled, theres no problem both in LAN as well as in torrents.

@Rachit,
If ur looking for downloads over torrents, stay away from fivenet:P;

What do u mean by that??Stay away from 5net if you are looking for downloads over torrents???

Also please elaborate on this 2gb download policy....I am a heavy torrent user so any and every detail you tell me will be important...

I had downloaded 2 TB in last 3 month since I switched from MTNL to fivenet.Watched d same content on my samsung hd 21" lcd monitor.I thought my decision was fantastic, long live fivenet!:thumb:MTNL hai toh kuch nahi hai! :notallowed:Initially I used to depend upon dvdrip since its impossible to download hdrip on MTNL(DVD-rip= 700-1.5 GB, HD- rip= 5 GB to 12 GB);Now I mostly download hd-rip, dvd-rip is like old VCR tapes for me now!:dance:

Back