Fivenet's New Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Chinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 30,701
256kbps UL for Rs.256/- PM onlyIs it for whole month????I read somewhere that it is for first 7 days only. :confused:

no its for 30 days, after 30 days u will have to recharge ur account again, for that u need to call ur cable operator.Plan name is as256

Hey there......fivenets plans are really cool. stay in Sanpada Navi mumbai and Five net is available frm today.the plans are 256 Kbps = Rs 256 + Rs 150(commission) = Rs 400384 kbps = Rs 400 + Rs 150 = Rs 550.I wanted to know whether fivenet is good or not.Do we get the speed we pay for?What about the lan?And i read somewhere that its not good for torrents....What does that mean?:yahoo:

Till box cable is fibre optic; from box(called switch in particular) to lan card CAT5 cable is there.
No stupidity called ADSL modem. (Dont start discussion on which is the best ADSL modem in market??)

Installation Charges-
Rs. 1500/-(in my area)
It can vary between 800 to 1500 area to area, my friend in kurla paid Rs. 800/- for installation.

Download speed(http)=
10%+ sync speed= 420 kbps appx.(Note- not like MTNL where they dont account for 10% line losses, MTNL users who r on 256UL in delhi/mumbai get speeds upto 230 only)
I get sometimes 55-60 kBps in downloads from MS and download CNET servers.

Download speed(LAN)=
10-100MBps(Note its not Mbps its MBps, depending upon d other user distance from ur place)

Im more than 100% satisfied with Fivenet.

What can I say about MTNL??
1.People still using copper wires that were installed underground some decades ago may be when my dad was trying to get a govt job. And use splitters to separate Voice and data.

so what is wrong with it if it works !!!??

2.MTNL babus still dont carry crimping tool when they come for broadband installation..

3. People are ready to pay separately for Modem Charges(Onetime+ monthly recurring); Installation cum booking charges; Monthly charges for surfing they do(Note- U have to restrict urself from downloading since its only 400MB free(now its 500 MB); and how can I forget 12.36% Service Tax.
(Although Govt revised S.T. MTNL still take 12.36%, wtf??)
4.And we say ADSL2+ can provide speeds upto 24Mbps( its surely Mbps not MBps)

so what is wrong with copper wire if it works ??!?

i dont see any harm in carrying a crimping tool - my office worked on a coaxial lan cable and never had a problem - we just shifted and so new cable is cat6 otherwise never had an hours downtime at my office in the last 1.5 yrs

never had a problem with mtnl in the last 2.5 yrs since i started using mtnl
if the service is down, i dont even complain - i know it will be solved presently. twice i changed plans

started with the regular usage plan
switched to NU when it became available
swithced to Unlimited 999 in jan 2009 when it became available (it will be upgraded to 512 as per the announcement)

awesome service at the exchange - just give the application at the counter.
only once i had a problem where the port at the mtnl office to which i was connected had a problem and i had to convince them that the problem was at their end - took me a visit and 1 hr - problem solved

i would be very very carefull to change the provider

I second Chinmay...5Net rocks..MTNL is the pits!!!In my area the service is provided by Ahura Broadband...awesome guys and good service...anybody in Tardeo, Nanachowk, Sleater road, Forjett Hill/street, Kemps Corner, Napeansea Road, Babulnath, Gamdevi areas can contact Ahura Broadband..on ecan also visit them on Ahura Broadband - Genuine Unlimited Access :ohyea:

i stay in thane Ghodbunder Road.has fivenet hit this area yet? if yes can i get ne contact numbers as to whom to contact for installation of fivenet?

Back