"Flipkart: In-a-day Guarantee Delivery" for Rs. 90 per item in select cities

I am not sure if Rs. 50 earlier was per order or per item. Never really paid for shipping for products ordered through WS Retail.
Rs. 40 and Rs. 90 are per item.

Navjot Singh said:
Really? :o What is your pincode? I have tried over 30 random Mumbai pincodes and it shows available for all.

Right. Gurgaon fell out of this offer for the same technicality.
x720 said:
/OT
Just noticed something. If the order total is below 500, a delivery charge of 40 is levied on each item, unless the total crosses 500. Is this a new addition?
Seems so. I already posted about it earlier. And just like Sushubh said, I am not sure whether per item is a new addition or was earlier too. Will have to check that.

From what I understand their warehouse is in Gurgaon and not Delhi :D
--
Also I do believe it was 50 rupees per order. Someone would have noticed if it was per item otherwise.
--
Flipkart.com still mention:
For example, seller WS Retail, which generally charges Rs 50 for delivery, provides free delivery on orders valued at Rs 500 or more. Please check with individual Sellers to understand what the delivery charges are.

They have warehouses in Laxmi Nagar and Daryaganj (for books) IINM. A lot of items I have ordered have been shipped from these two locations.

Nice. I think their Gurgaon warehouse is in Bilaspur region. Never been in that side of the Gurgaon though.

I guess this was done to prevent an old school trick to avoid shipping charges. And you are right it was per order earlier. Earlier people used to order books along with another item that was on pre-order. You club these two and avoid shipping. After you receive the book you can safely cancel the pre-order product.

Right, just went through my old orders. 40 bucks per item is a little too steep for low value stuff.

Back