Frustrated with Frequent Disconnections despite repeated complaints

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 9,042
Apurv Gupta said:
Btw using this lan cable is better whan the normal black wire of mtnl? I mean in clarity and line attenuation etc.?
Yep it has better copper quality luks pure gold in color rather than mtnl's stock cable which has little bit blackish copper . I have no hissing sound in phone . Line atten. is high maybe because of distance from poll and no splitter

@lilliput22
The port and pair are to be changed from exchange/server side?
They installed new phone wiring to my house as recently as December last year and said it doesnt have any cuts or joints.

GameTanx said:
@lilliput22
The port and pair are to be changed from exchange/server side?
They installed new phone wiring to my house as recently as December last year and said it doesnt have any cuts or joints.
YEP,Tell them to do so , if they dont u can complaint at higher authority. P.S MTNL babus and aunties dont even know what SNR and line atten is

I contacted MTNL today and they tested my phone line from exchange side in the evening.
I dont know if they changed the port and pair.
I thought my problem would be solved after that, but no.
The line stats are same as before.
I still get the mini disconnections. The IP address does not change afterwards.
Can someone please tell me what could be causing it and how do i fix it?

Apart from what i mentioned in the first post, the wires/cables i use are in good condition. No oxidation.

GameTanx said:
I contacted MTNL today and they tested my phone line from exchange side in the evening.
I dont know if they changed the port and pair.
I thought my problem would be solved after that, but no.
The line stats are same as before.
I still get the mini disconnections. The IP address does not change afterwards.
Can someone please tell me what could be causing it and how do i fix it?

Apart from what i mentioned in the first post, the wires/cables i use are in good condition. No oxidation.

"Apart from what i mentioned in the first post, the wires/cables i use are in good condition. No oxidation."
Maybe its underground wiring thats causing this problem . what they said after testing ?? IP address is same coz may you selected static ip in modem's config ... change it to dynamic in modem as well as in windows
Also , have u tried different modem ? Borrow modem from your friend
Manually set your modulation to GDMT ... and see
if none of this solve this problem .. tell them to change pair ... coz from exchange they only can change port not pair , for changing pair they have to visit ur house change it from the poll
Last but not least re-check wire . Check that white box ( which joints black cable and rj11 )

They called and said "1 min...Testing chalu hai" and cut the call after few seconds.They had installed new wiring from the poll to my home in December last year as I mentioned earlier. I use Dynamic IP in the router setting, not Static.Manually setting G.Dmt does not solve this issue although the line stats seem better.And why is there is high CRC?I have 2 other routers D-Link DSL 2520U and D-Link DSL 502T and get the disconnections on those too.I tried many RJ11 cables, but no luck.I have tried 2 white box and also refitted the wires in it.However I think I will try to get a new white box.Btw the phone works fine for calls, no disturbance.I will contact them tomorrow.Thanks again for replying.

Update : They checked my line from exchange and said it was fine from their side.
I think the MTNL wiring could have got damaged recently.
So i'm going to get new CAT5E cable installed soon from pole to my house.
That will probably fix it.

Back