Gaming laptop in 60k

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 5,496
SSD is good for fast boot and faster load times. It is just FAST!! Also with USB 3 supported laptops transfer rates will be faster.
Yes USB 3 will be a must
Alvord12 said:
Laptops are NOT meant for gaming, they'll heat up pretty quickly AND you won't be able to play games at their best settings without having to compromise between keeping the frame rate at 60 FPS while tweaking the settings.GTA 5 hasn't even been announced for the PC yet and by the time it will be, your laptop will already have outdated specs and the game will lag heavily (or won't run at all). The temps from the laptop will likely be anywhere between 90 - 100 degrees.Unless portability is really really necessary for you, I'd recommend building a desktop. At that budget you could easily build a PC with an i5/i7 processor, GTX 660 Ti and 12 Gigs of RAM. A laptop no matter what the specs won't even be able to stand up to those.As for the SSD, use google yaar... kaunse zamane mein jee raha hain tu?! :pray:
Actually I have joined engineering and I need a laptop for that so I though why not buy a one that can play some games I know SSD are faster but I didn't know other advantages
TheOneWhoKnocks said:
Don't rush into buying a laptop now...wait for few months. New 4th gen intel CPUs as well as Nvidia's 7m series gpus are announced recently. They are very energy efficient. consider atleast 750m gpu and i5 cpu for decent fps. Desktop is recommended if gaming is your primary thing, You will get a beast for 60k.
Portability is a must so I cannot buy a desktop. I can wait for a month, not more than that. Where can I find a laptop with 750m in 60k, I searched a lot and I cannot find one in India.

DNA_Uncut said:
SSD is a joke for an enduser. It does reduces the os boot seconds by 50%.
Application load times reduce too. Booting is faster. I recently upgraded my MBP 15 to SSD. I can definitely tell the difference.45-55 sec boot time is reduced to 10-15 seconds. Applications and heavy games definitly load faster and the over all user-experience is better.Why do you think it is a joke?

30 FPS with High is unlikely, the best you'll get is 30 - 40 at medium settings (720p).
I bought a Dell XPS with a GT 525m 2 years back thinking that I'd use it as my primary gaming machine. Boy was I wrong, 2 months of very heavy gaming and the motherboard got fried, they had to completely replace it. Medium to light games will do fine, jut don't push the machine with titles like Crysis 3, Metro Last Light etc.
Also, it'll do you good to look into some cooling pads for ventilating the laptop when you're playing games. :)

I have a Dell XPS 15, bought 3 years ago with i5 and GT420m. I played many AAA games at medium settings without any problems (Bioshock infinite, Mass effect 3, crysis 2 and 3, tomb raider, skyrim etc). If you want this kind of experience go for dell laptop with similar specs (upgraded i5 and nvidia gpu of course).

I am thinking of a Samsung laptop with 550m and i7 3rd gen which is 62kCurrently I have a Dell laptop with amd 4650 graphics card where due to overheating and little gaming the GPU is gone bad, lines on screen so I have to press the laptop near the fan area to make the lines disappear from the screenRepair guy says that motherboard have to be changed for 14k

sahibunlimited said:
I am thinking of a Samsung laptop with 550m and i7 3rd gen which is 62kCurrently I have a Dell laptop with amd 4650 graphics card where due to overheating and little gaming the GPU is gone bad, lines on screen so I have to press the laptop near the fan area to make the lines disappear from the screenRepair guy says that motherboard have to be changed for 14k
See what I mean? Laptops are just too small to deal with the heat generated.
Don't be in a hurry with your decision take a look at Asus laptops, I've heard that they're pretty good as well and give you best value for money. Also, once your semester begins you'll hardly have time to play games (I just finished my 8th Sem ;))

I saw that this alienware laptop is in 72k, it is having i7 4th gen and GT 770 but how can I get it in India? http://m.Dell.com/mt/www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-14/pd?oc=dkcwg09bb&mboxDisable=1&un_jtt_v_page=TechSpec&#un_detailsAlso I can extend my range to 70k if I can get better specs(identical like above)

Go for a desktop, if you want to game.
You might get a decent laptop today for gaming, but 2-3 years down the line, you will have trouble upgrading it, since GPUs upgrades for laptops are hard to find. Also, laptops meant for gaming tend to heat up and cooling remains an issue - since so much is packed into little space.
Cleaning is another drawback, without cleaning, dust accumulates in the cooling fans impacting cooling again.
On a desktop you can have multiple GPUs and efficient cooling. Might I recommend a nitrogen cooled beast for Indian climates.

Back