Getting low upload speeds on desktop but not on smartphone

• Thread starter Thread starter mAstic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1,672
ISP
Airtel
I'm not getting upload speed on a speed test website on my desktop, and I need that website for work. When I run speed tests on my smartphone, I get normal speeds, but not on my desktop. I've connected via Ethernet and even tried using a Wi-Fi adapter, but I still got the same results. Then, I tried connecting my smartphone via USB tethering and ran a speed test, but I still got the same results. I've also reset the network settings on Windows, but I don't know what else to do. When I run speed tests on other websites, I get normal speeds, but not on the website I need. This problem has been happening for 5 days, since Airtel restarted my router.

Well, what desktop do you have and which browser are you using?

What is the port speeds, does it say under ... (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections) ?

@Lolita_Magnum I have an r5 3500x GTX 1650 Super desktop, and I'm using Opera browser. Additionally, I have a client app for the speedtest website, which is important for my work, speedtest is done through that app, and what do you mean by port speeds? which shows under properties of ethernet? it says 1.0 Gbps

Monitor the CPU% utilization when you are doing the speedtest. Does it go very high?

Did you try any different internet speed test website, like fast.com?

Try matching the server then, between the mobile and desktop.

@Lolita_Magnum Yes, I tested both on the same servers. I even tried testing on different servers, but the results were the same. The desktop upload speed seemed capped, it couldn't go above 15mbps. Only for that speedtest website, in the client app, it doesn't go above 10mbps. It was not like this before, it started happening 6 days ago

@Lolita_Magnum One more thing, I just ran a speed test on Google's speed test, and there too my upload speed is low, and the server is in Mumbai. On fast.com, there might be a server from Bhopal, and on Ookla, it's from Bhubaneswar. There, I'm getting around 60mbps upload speed, but if I check with my phone on the same server, it shows 200mbps. And when I manually selected Bhopal and ran the test, normal speeds are coming there Google's Speed test, Fast.com Speed Test, Ookla Speed Test on automatic server, Ookla Speed Test manual server, idk why I am not able to insert image

Back