Getting low upload speeds on desktop but not on smartphone

• Thread starter Thread starter mAstic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1,672
@Ajay15 the website you shared is giving me decent upload speed, but my issue is that I need to achieve good upload speeds specifically for one client app for work. I can't explain it here, but I am getting normal speeds on my smartphone as before. However, I'm not getting the same speeds on my desktop, here is the speed test results which you asked : Speedsmart Speed Test - Test your internet speed

Additionally, I also ran speed test on my phone, here are the results : Speedsmart Speed Test - Test your internet speed

@Protector I believe you may have misunderstood my issue, I need to get good upload speeds on a specific app in order to receive workloads

Since you are not getting speed on ethernet too so I guess issue is not with wifi type (2.4/5/ac/an).

There is a setting in windows called "speed & duplex" try changing that for your windows active network adaptor.

Also just to check try uploading large files without a VPN and with a VPN. Do you also get slow speed with real files not just speedtests?

Edit: since your issue is with a specific app, which is most likely a routing issue then only a VPN with better routing can fix that. Are you uploading to server located outside India?

@mAstic are you sure it is not issue with that 'Specific Application'. I want to say like some fault in that 'application' or unoptimised or not updated properly. (PC Edition if exist)

It can be any issue like 'Updates' , 'Link Between Servers' or some settings in Network Adapters.

@Smh yes, I am uploading to server located outside India, before I never had this issue, but it's happening with me since several days

Last edited:
@Protector yes, it's not the issue with that app, I asked my friends and it was working fine for them, also I have noticed one thing, I've noticed that whenever I test the speed on servers with higher ping, my upload speed decreases, which is quite normal. On my desktop, as soon as I switch to servers with 20-30ms ping, the speed drops from 240(200)mbps to 20-30mbps. On the other hand, on my phone, it's around 190-220mbps. I have attached the speed test results in this thread, from the phone and pc

after trying these commands my both speeds dropped, can some one help me? 🥲
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh winsock reset and press Enter
netsh int ip reset and press Enter
ipconfig /release and press Enter
ipconfig /renew and press Enter
ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

I found it on microsoft support page, here is the link :
Redirecting

Try reinstalling the LAN & WiFi drivers. Instead of relying on Windows in box drivers try uninstalling the network adapter in Device Manager and install latest drivers as available from the mobo manufacturer.

Have you tried booting thru a Live Linux USB that runs off RAM (no changes will be done to your HDD/SSD etc)
If the speed is good on Live Linux, then mostly something is broken in Windows.

I have not read the entire thread but have you tried resetting your router, or ask ISP if there's a new firmware available.

Back